Chapter 4: The Interview

It was only after Savannah sat down and was looking at the Skids expectantly that they realized that they had no idea how to conduct an interview. A lot of their staff was hired based off of resume or Doc's recommendation alone, meaning that there was hardly any talking about the employee themselves. But, since Savannah didn't have that, they had to get to know her, not her past experience or her connections to their manager.

   Of course, the Skids did perform one genuine interview: and that was the interview of Sebastian Bach. They were not near famous enough to have a manager at the time, nor did they know anyone that was capable. Meaning that they had to do the whole thing by themselves. But, that was years ago, and none of them could remember how the hell they pulled it off.

   They stole glances at each other, stumped. What would they ask? How would any of the classic interview questions you hear on TV correlate to Savannah's potential job? Call them uncultured, but they didn't think that her perception of what color she would be would hold any bearing on whether or not she would be employed.

   Rob spoke up first. "We have no idea how to do this, so bare with us," he said, smiling in a breezy way that played off his lack of knowledge. "Uh. . .fuck. Oh! What's your. . .work ethic like?" He sounded unsure, but it was a question. Better than nothing.

   That hesitant question prompted excited nods from the rest of the Skids.

   Savannah felt like she could relax a little. Sure, Rachel had said that professionalism was not necessary, but it made her feel better that the Skids had even less of an idea of what they were doing than she did. "When I'm involved in work, I'm fucking involved. I'll work my ass off. I'll put my heart and soul into whatever's needed done. And I can say with certainty that I will be involved with being your fashion director."

   The Skids looked at each other with satisfied nods, happy with her response.

   "All right. So, how would you describe yourself? How would others describe you?" Sebastian asked from the floor. He grinned afterward, seemingly stoked he came up with a decent question.

   Savannah couldn't help but smile at his smile. "Well, as for my description, I'd say I'm very loyal, very honest, and I'm able to work well with others." She thought for a second. "As for others, they'd say I'm talented, hardworking, and. . .very driven. I'm very willing to put all of my effort into something."

More satisfied nods from the band. Snake changed the positive tone, though. "So, Rachel told us you were kicked out of your old band. How did that happen?"

Savannah squirmed uncomfortably. If she answered honestly, it would not be a good look for her. But if she didn't, it also wouldn't be a good look, since Rachel knew the actual reason. She inhaled for courage and began. "My band members were unhappy with my behavior. Apparently I was rude, power-hungry, and stubborn."

This time, the band glanced at each other worriedly. That may be a problem.

You saw this worried glance and prayed that Rachel would come in to save you, which he did:

"Bad behavior is subjective," he told his band. "I've known Sav for years, and I've never seen any of that in her. Besides, our standards are probably looser than her band."

Sebastian nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah, that's true."

Rachel decided to push this train of thought along by adding, "We'll never know unless we give her a chance. Dismissing someone off of hearsay alone is kinda shitty."

"Agreed," Scotti chimed in. "So, I know I'm kinda putting you on the spot here, but when you look at us, what look comes to mind for shoots and performances?"