xiii

hyunjin wakes up some hours later. the time is now 5pm and his house is seemingly empty apart from him and jeongin.

he checks his phone. anxiety bubbles in his chest when he sees all his notifications.

mom
let me know if you or jeongin need anything, your father and i are running some errands. we'll be home in time for dinner.
1 hour ago

seungmo 🐶 (10)
hey um
5 hours ago

jinnie i'm worried
5 hours ago

is everything fine?
5 hours ago

i saw the yangs' car outside the school
5 hours ago

i couldn't find him anywhere
5 hours ago

is innie okay?
3 hours ago

i heard some people saw him almost leave with his parents.
3 hours ago

is he safe with you?
3 hours ago

are you safe?
2 hours ago

are you guys doing alright?
1 hour ago

sungie 🐿❤️‍🔥
how's innie doing? how are you doing? is everything okay? are you guys safe?
5 hours ago

chan 👴🏼
are you guys safe?? is innie okay??
5 hours ago

min 💃🏻
is jeongin okay? are you two safe?
5 hours ago

binnie 😐
you guys better be okay, we're worried sick bc we heard innie's parents were at the school and almost took him home
5 hours ago

lix 🐥
please tell me everything's okay
5 hours ago

hyunjin huffs a sigh. he already feels far more overwhelmed with this situation than he thought he would be. he chooses to call seungmin, as the boy is surely the most worried out of the others apart from chan.

the phone rings a few times before seungmin answers almost right away.

"is everything okay? is innie with you?" seungmin asks immediately, pure panic in his voice. "one of my classmates saw him almost leave with his parents and someone pulled him away from them and i assumed it was you so please just tell me that everything's okay because i can't bare to have something happen to him especially after i've been kind of a shitty friend and-"

"seungminnie," hyunjin says with a comforting tone. "he's okay. he's right next to me. and you're not a shitty friend but that's a conversation for another time-"

"oh thank god," seungmin exhales in relief.

"please let me tell the others, okay? you can come over if you want. bring channie as well, but please let me handle the bulk of this."

"actually..." seungmin chuckles awkwardly. "they're here right now. the three of us left school at the same time and told minho and changbinnie to meet us at my place after school since we couldn't leave when i saw the car."

"you've been with the others for hours, then... tell them he's okay but it's not good for him to become overwhelmed right now. that's why i'm only inviting you two over," hyunjin says.

"they should understand, i'll let them know."

on the other side of the phone, seungmin lets hyunjin say one more thing before they bid their goodbyes and end the call.

seungmin and the other five boys have been in the basement of the kim household ever since they got there.

"so he's okay?" chan asks from beside the younger.