vi. Here We Go Again

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX.
here we go again

SO. NOVA'S GROUNDED. She supposes she should've seen it coming, but, the optimistic side of her was really hoping she wouldn't be. But of course, here she is. Nova's got this working theory that she's got the absolute worst luck in the world. It's still a work in progress, but, with the way that things have been going, she wouldn't be surprised if she was able to confirm it soon. (She'll be back with more information on this later.)

But then again, maybe it's her fault. In hindsight, maybe leaving to go to Germany at the drop of a hat just because her childhood idol Captain America asked her to wasn't the best idea. Also, her not telling anyone (more importantly her dad) where she and Nic were going and he had to find out from the news, was probably not the best idea either. Oh, and there's also the fact that she bribed Marcus to cover for the both of them and after trying to unsuccessfully lie for a couple of minutes, he got grounded too.

Despite the fact that his lies were complete and utter garbage and the fact that she's going to be his personal chauffeur for a month, Nova's still thankful for him. Seriously, who else would risk their own ass just to cover for two bionic teens? This is why he's her best friend.

Her best friend who, as she previously mentioned, is also grounded. So, while she's stuck in the Lab doing extra training with Nic, he's alone upstairs in his room with his massive grand piano, video game set, TV, and bookshelf. (There's always the chance that Claire took all of those things away, but still.) Nova's completely and totally jealous.

But, she suppose that she should be happy that her dad had to head into the Walsh Tech building at the last minute because of some technical difficulties. (Ironic, right?) Except that she's not. She's not happy because thanks to her and Nic's reckless actions, her dad has placed the both of them under surveillance of the beloved Archie Francois who monitors them.

     Like, they're not even allowed to go on missions anymore. How completely batshit is that? The one thing that Nova and Nic were both created to do... they're not allowed to anymore. That and... they can't go on missions anymore. Like physically they can't.