.2

I watch as Carol stands there, smiling, seemingly having no clue of the situation she has alone just caused.

Dahlia was not the kind of person you wanted to piss of. She was very easily angered and would quite literally kill for you, for the ones she loved.

" Harley" Dahlia says, her voice on edge, as her hand slides across the handle of her sword.

I watch as Rick tenses up, placing his hand back on his holstered revolver and Carol as her smile falters and her grip on her knife tightens. Just like a pattern, Keanu follows in pursuit, straightening up and holding his knifes tight.

"Dahlia" I warn, looking to the women who's eyes don't leave Carol

" Don't. Don't do something you'll regret" I tell her

" Regret, is the one thing I would not feel" She says, her tone cold and callous.

"It would change nothing, and wouldn't do a thing for you or for me! So please stand down" I say, Her eyes finally meet mine. My eyes begging her and she sees that.

Dahlia lowers her hand and everyone follows. She looks back to Carol with a glare

"I want you to know. And you too" she says to Carol and then points to Rick

" I know everything, Everything you've done. So, you thank Harlyn. Thank her because she just saved you life." She growls. Carol looks back and forth between me and Dahlia

" and don't think for a second, I won't try again, the minute I might have a chance. So if you try something, say something or even look at her wrong. I can and will end you." She says adding a sick smile at the end as her frighteningly calm voice stops.

"I'm gonna take her , go to camp, and get our things together, okay?" Keanu says pulling Dahlia by her shoulders making her roll her eyes

I nod and I watch as they walk away in hushed whispers.

" Harley, you and your friends are welcome to come back with us if you don't have a place to stay" Rick says to me

I nod and look to the boy in my arms, now fast asleep.

" You get used to it, the anger and defensiveness from Dahlia. She loves hard" I explain, Rick nods

" they're like me" I say, Rick widens his eyes and nods all but one time

" How did you find them" Carol finally speaks to me. I look to her, her eyes softer than before.

" I didn't, they found me." I tell them both. They both nod and don't question anything further.

" Alexandria, one of our camps isn't to far from here. We can get you there tonight" Carol suggested to me. I nod to her

I once more look down at Tobias. Finally the thought of somewhere safe for him to be, a home for him gives me hope but at the same time, why would I put these people at risk of what I know is searching for me. Hunting me.

A home is what I have been praying for. I've never been one to believe in god or praying because if he existed, why would he have let me go through, what I went through and why would he let the dead rise to roam the world.

But the one thing I hoped and prayed for was sitting on a gold plater right in front of me and who was I, not to give Tobias a better chance.

~~~

The walk to Alexandria wasn't to long and wasn't bad in terrain. It was a fairly quiet walk beside the sibling like bickering between Dahlia and Keanu and the laughing that would come from Rick in result. We had reached there by sunrise and it was beautiful. Large gates, enforced so no threats of walkers getting in. Inside, there was a large windmill and big gardens with lots of people tending to things. Each person we saw welcomed us with a smile or a wave.