Chapter 1

My Baby's Daddy

"Darcy hurry up! You're going to be late for school!" I shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming mom!" She shouted as she raced down the stairs. I heard her come into the kitchen and watched her as she scanned through the fridge.

"Top shelf." I said. She looked up and grabbed her lunch.

"Thanks mom." She said before heading to the door.

"Bye love you!" I shouted after her. She ran back into the kitchen and gave me a hug goodbye.

"Love you too." She said, looking at me with her beautiful blue/green eyes that got me every time.

"Be good today." I kissed the top of her head and watched her leave the house and head over to her bus stop at the end of the street. Once I saw her get onto the bus safely, I closed the door and found myself alone in the house once again.

"Another day, same memories." I said to myself. I headed upstairs and proceeded down the hall to my room to get myself ready for work. My job was always exciting; I never know what's going to happen next. I worked at a magazine firm for Vogue and such, and it always seems to amaze me.

I hadn't realized it, but I found myself standing outside of Darcy's room. I always found myself doing this but I just couldn't help myself. I stood in her room's doorway and ran my hand up and down part of the framework. I took a step forward and looked around her room and gazed at all of the posters that she had pinned up for a while now. Darcy is just like me when it comes to music. She has a love for boy bands, a huge one I must say, just like I did. Well, I still do, but now....it's hard to think about back then. I walked up to her one wall that was dedicated to her favorite band of all time; Stereo kicks. I know what you're thinking; how could she love a boy band that is, let's just say, they've been out for a while now. I myself am 28 and the band themselves is in their late 20's. The band though, is still highly active today and continues to pursue new music and keep their young looks alive.

I traced my hand along their faces remembering the times where I would fangirl over them non-stop. How my parents would tell me to knock it off because they couldn't stand how much I dedicated myself to them. It didn't bother me though, and with Darcy acting the same way I did, it's like old times.

"I wish you knew." I mumbled into one of the posters. Tears started to well up into my eyes before they started to fall. I was crying like a baby it felt like, but I couldn't help it, it just hurt too much. Every time I look at my own child the memories flood back and it doesn't help that she resembles him so much. Her eyes, her hair, even some of her habits remind me of him. People don't know that I was with him because all we had was a "fling", and no one knows the fact that he has a child. When I found out I was pregnant, I didn't tell him. Then he went on tour and when he came back we broke it off because it became too much. My mom says I should've told him because if he knew he probably would've stayed and helped me with childcare and such but for some reason I couldn't tell him and I left it at that.

I never told Darcy who her real father was because I knew she would freak out (in a good way) and ask if she could meet him. Truth is though; I haven't talked to him in years, 13 to be exact. He probably doesn't even remember me and I bet he wouldn't even care and he would just ignore her. I couldn't have my daughter's feelings get hurt like that. So instead she has been obsessed with this boy band and totally oblivious to the fact that one of them is her father. I looked up at stared at the face of the man who doesn't know that he created life. James Graham, my baby's daddy.

______________________________________________________

This first chapter is crap but it will get better I promise. Btw.. we are fast forwarding the boys career a bit so let's pretend they've been around for ages and became a massive boyband ;-) vote and comment please !! :)