Chapter 9

You're Not The Only One Making History

Amy's P.O.V

I was sleeping soundly until I felt my body start to shake due to being shaken by someone. My eyes fluttered open to see Lee hovering above me.

"Can I help you?" I said from my sleeping position.

"Get up! They're on soon!" I shot up and looked around. We have been camping out with these crazed fans for two days now. I don't know what other parent would do this; then again I didn't have much of a choice now did I? I could hear people talking about the band's arrival through a sound system and Lee and I began shoving our way through the crowd in search of Darcy.

"Do you see her?" I asked Lee. She was focused on the crowd rather than answering my question.

"No." She finally said. We kept pushing and shoving through all of the teenagers and some were quite rude I must say. I understand though that they don't want us closer to the stage since that means we would be closer to the band.

"Keep looking." I said.

"What else?" Lee replied. Aside from focusing on finding Darcy, I knew this would mean I would see James as well. My heart sank before rising again just by thinking about him. It's been 14 years since I've seen him. It's been 14 years since I broke his heart without telling him the real reason why.

"Shout her name." Lee told me. I nodded and the two of us started shouting Darcy's name in hope of getting a response.

James' P.O.V

We were backstage getting ready. Sound check went fine and we were more pumped than ever.

"Did you see the crowd?!" Chris exclaimed.

"There must be ten thousand people at least!" Barclay said cheerfully as he tackled me out of joy. I laughed at him and Reece helped me up.

"Fix your jacket, you look like you just woke up." He told me. I smirked at him before fixing my jacket.

"Alright boys, ready to make history?" Gavin (our tour manager) said as he came into the room.

"Haven't we already?" Jake said in a cocky way.

"Don't be a smart arse." Gavin said as he pointed a finger at him.

"This will be a performance we'll never forget." Chris said.

"Boys, you're on in 15 minutes. Hi James." It was the same petite blonde,
Alison, who asked me out for dinner yesterday.

"Hi Ali." I said making her blush and twirl a lock of her blonde hair as she bit her lip slightly. She gave me a quick wave before heading off.

"I'm proud of you mate." Casey whispered in my ear. I gave him a knowing grin before leaving to wow the crowd.

"Ear pieces." Gavin said to all of us as he handed each of us our own set.

"Why do we even use them if we take them out anyway?" Charlie asked as he put his set on.

"DO YOU HEAR ME?" I shouted into my microphone causing him to jump and pull his ear piece out.

"OW!" He whined. I began to laugh so hard I started to tear up.

"Not funny!" He shouted. We walked into our positions under a telephone booth we're using as props and waited for the signal. I was getting so nervous I had to shake my head a bit to snap out of it. I always had pre-show jitters, but something about today made this feeling different.