Chapter 2

Birthday Dinner

Amy's P.O.V

I slung my work bag strap over my shoulder and headed towards my office door to get ready to leave. Closing the door behind me I was stopped by my secretary, Leanne.

"Yes Lee?" That was my nickname for her, original, I know.

"The Boss wants you to work on a new topic for next month's issue. He said, and I quote, "Amy does the best job when it comes to fresh ideas." She said.

"I appreciate that but I don't know. I mean, Darcy's birthday is tonight and this one's important." I said half heartedly.

"Are you going to tell her?" Leanne said in a soft whisper. Other than my mom, Leanne is the only person who knows who Darcy's real father is. Besides the fact that she's my secretary, Leanne is also my best friend. We've been best friends since elementary school and to be working together is amazing.

"It'll be 14 years now. She has the right to know. I can't keep keeping this a secret. She's bound to find out eventually." I said.

"How are you going to do it?" She asked.

"I was just going to sit her down and let that be her present." I said with a weak smile.

"You should give her something. Maybe something related to the band as a hint you know?" I nodded in response.

"Okay, I've got something in mind." I said.

Darcy's P.O.V

"Hey Darc!" I turned around to see my best friend Kristy walking towards me.

"Hey!" I said giving her a hug which she returned.

"Ready to party tonight?" She asked, knowing that today was my birthday.

"The party's tomorrow remember? You and the girls are coming to my house to sleepover...." I reminded her.

"Oh, right, forgot it was tomorrow." She laughed weakly.

"Well now you know. Plus, my mom's making me my birthday dinner and she says it's gonna be a good one this year."

"But she's a good cook. How is it supposed to be different from any other year?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Beats me." I said. Kristy glanced at her phone and sighed.

"I got to get home, see you tomorrow." She said giving me one more hug before leaving.

I sat patiently on the bus waiting to get to my stop and head home. After a long 15 minutes the doors opened and I walked off like I did every morning and afternoon during the week. I heard the doors close behind me and the bus pulling away and disappearing down the street, seeing that I won't see it again until Monday morning. I kept walking till I got to my house where I entered and was greeted with open arms to someone I know all too well.

"Hi mom." I said into her chest.

"Hi sweetheart, you excited for tonight?" She asked. I nodded violently.

"How could I not be?" I said sarcastically which made her laugh. I loved my mom and was always proud of her considering the fact that she raised me all by herself and managed a great job with tons of benefits to go with it. She was my role model.

"True. Why don't you get changed and do what you need to do. Dinner will be ready in an hour or so." She said.

"Did you make my favorite?" I asked eagerly.

"Tacos? What else would it be?" She said. I cheered and gave her a big hug before running upstairs into my room where I was greeted by all of my posters.

"Hello handsome boys on my wall." I said in a romantic tone to my posters. I didn't care if Stereo kicks was old, they were still my favorite!

"My birthday wish is to meet you guys. Shhh don't say anything or it won't some true." I laughed. I always talked to them; it was a habit by now, a small habit that brought me joy. I turned on my radio to play my IPod and blasted some Stereo kicks music like I usually did.

Taylor's P.O.V

I could hear the music from the kitchen. It was Stereo kicks; which reminded me to get Darcy's present ready for her. I checked the food and saw that it was done so I took it out for it to cool before heading upstairs. The music was even louder when I went upstairs and headed to my room but it didn't bother me now because it made her happy. I closed my bedroom door and locked it just in case and headed into my walk-in-closet. In the back I kept a stash of my most precious memories. I haven't touched the box since Darcy's first birthday. I pulled the box out of its hiding spot behind a pile of old sweaters and brushed the dust away. I pulled off the lid scanned through the contents. I sat down and leaned against the shelves as I looked through the pictures. The oldest picture was when I first met the band. I was only 18, and I placed in the center of them all. I remembered how after that picture was taken James hounded me for my twitter name and phone number. I laughed at the memory and looked through the rest of the pictures. Most of them were of me and James and a few of me and the other boys. One was me with Elle and Dani, Jake and Tom's girlfriends, but I know that Tom and Dani have separated since then. I smiled at all the memories I once lived and wish I relive them all over again. I digged to the bottom of the box and pulled out a set of necklaces James had given me the day I broke it off. He told me to never forget him and that he will always remember me as his true love. It was his signature necklaces; the paper airplane was the most recognizable. Another one of them though was a semi small heart with our initials engraved into it on one side and the other side had his signature that he somehow managed to carve into it. I put everything but the necklaces back into the box and put the box back in its hiding place. The necklaces would be Darcy's present. I put them in a small box and wrapped it before heading back downstairs.

"Is dinner ready mom?" I heard her yell from downstairs.

"Yes! I'm coming down right now." I yelled back. I walked into the kitchen and saw her already seated at her spot at the table with everything already set except for the food. We laughed and talked while we ate just enjoying ourselves. Once the dishes were washed and out away, and the table was wiped down I knew she would ask for her present.

"So what do I get this year?" Darcy joked. I chuckled under my breath and went to grab the box that I wrapped so carefully and proceeded to the table, ready to reveal the truth to her.

"Darcy, there's something you need to know." I began.

______________________________________________________

Elle and dani are completely random names lol they are not the boys real girlfriends so do not freak out.
Vote ?
Comment ?
Share maybe?

Thankyou