Chapter 4

Runaway

Darcy's P.O.V

I dove onto my bed, grabbing the closest and softest thing near me to hold close to my chest for dear life. I sobbed into it harder than ever before. Most girls wish for a new makeup set, clothes, or maybe shoes. All I wanted was to meet my all time favorite band, and in some way I did, but not in the way I would have ever imagined. Who would've thought that I, Darcy Kennedy, could be the offspring of the British superstar James Graham? Not me that's for sure. I gave myself a few more minutes of pouring my tears onto my pillow before looking up and giving my room a quick scan. I got up off of my bed and slowly walked to the wall filled with posters. I held my hand out in front of me and placed it on my.....father. The sound of it gives me the chills. It just didn't make sense to me. I looked closer at his features. His hair was similar to mine; if you're comparing a boy hair style to a girls', and his eyes did match my all too well. I stumbled backwards a bit wondering how I couldn't have seen the hints that were right in front of my eyes when I tripped backwards on something. I pulled out from underneath me a small stack of magazines that I had misplaced a while ago. All of them had one thing in common; they were all about Stereo kicks. I flipped through its contents quickly, scanning over each page carefully; the ones of James of course. My mom was right; his likes and dislikes were very similar to mine. I traced a finger along his jaw line while feeling my own. All of what I was finding was freaking me out, but that only made the truth even more obvious. I am James Graham's daughter.

I may be a replica of him, but I had the determination and a mischievous mind like my mothers'. I've gotten away with such stuff (of course all appropriate) at my age that my mother will never know about. Now that I think about it though, James is a wild, partying, carefree kind of guy. "It's not James anymore, its dad." I said to myself. I have to get use to saying that.

I pulled out my laptop from under a pile of clothes, since I'm not the cleanest person, and pulled up their concert dates. Since I live in New York City, I have a better chance of finding ways to see them in person. However, that means I also have a better chance of getting kidnapped, but I'll take that risk. I scrolled through their dates and saw that they would be coming to NYC by the end of the week. I know for a fact though that they are given one free day before their performance. It says they're playing Tuesday, that means they'll be here by at least Monday if not Sunday. Location: Rockefeller Plaza. I shut my laptop and began my escape route. I lived 10 minutes away from Manhattan, meaning I would need to take a train to the city, and a few cabs to get to Rockefeller Plaza. Simple right? Not exactly, but hey, you only live once right? Why not reenact Home Alone!

I began grabbing blankets and clothes and started connecting them together to form as my escape route that I would place out of the window. My room was on the top floor which made the drop down a hard, but I could handle it. I grabbed a travel bag from my closet and stuffed all the things I needed into it. I ran into my bathroom (since I had one in my room) and grabbed all of my toiletries. I packed a weeks' worth of clothes and things along those lines and tossed the bag out of my window. I ran to my stash of money that I kept in my closet and grabbed all of the bills that I had. I saved about $500 dollars from birthdays and the holidays and figured that that would be enough to stay comfortable. I tied one end of the rope to my doorknob and made sure it was secured. I had one leg out of my window before I realized that I hadn't left a note since I know my mom would worry about me. I grabbed a piece of notebook paper and scribbled something quickly down before going back to the window and began to climb down.

Once safely on the ground, I grabbed my bag, kissed my father's necklaces that I latched around my neck, and headed off. With technology these days, and with me having an IPhone, I was able to purchase a train ticket that's route led into the city tonight; and with easy access into the city, I was ready to face whatever obstacles came my way.

Amy's P.O.V

I felt bad about Darcy crying on her birthday. She didn't deserve that. I walked up the stairs and knocked on her door waiting to hear her answer.

"Darcy?" I called. No answer.

"Darcy honey, are you alright?" Still no answer. I figured she must've fallen asleep so I went to open her door to check on her but the door seemed to be stuck. After a few attempts at opening it, since it was clearly unlocked, I managed to get in. Her lamp was on and so I walked over to her bed and sat down.

"Darcy, I'm sorry, you just needed to know." I said. I wasn't getting any kind of response; in fact, I didn't even think she was breathing. I pulled back the covers to see nothing but pillows underneath.

"DARCY?!" I began to panic, not knowing where she could've gone. I began to search her room frantically looking for some kind of clue until I came across a note left on her small bookshelf by the window:

Mom-
If you are reading this than you obviously have realized that I'm not home anymore. I wanted to let you know that I have left for the time being to find my father. With him being in the public's eye I was able to track down his next location. Don't worry about me I'll be fine. I have enough money and clothing to hold me over. I know my ways and I already have thought this through. I'm doing this for both you and me. I'm determined to for him to know who I am.

Love always,

Darcy :)

My eyes shot to the window immediately after reading the note. She made a homemade rope, something I taught her years ago when she was in girl scouts and needed to pass her rope-making-badge. I was freaking out so much I started to cry. My baby is now gone, lost in the city, and might never return. Without thinking I ran to my room, packed a bag, and sprinted out the door on a mission to find my daughter.

______________________________________________________