Part 20

It had been a week since the whole Steve and I making out in my room situation and we never really talked about it. Anytime we were together recently we just made out we never talked about our feelings or anything else. I was getting slightly aggravated with Steve. I was sitting in Fury's office taking notes for him but my mind was wondering.

"Eve? Are you listening?" Nick asked and pulled me from my thoughts.
"Oh sorry. I'm here." I said and Nick just looked at me.

"What's on your mind?" Nick asked and I just sighed.

"A lot that I really don't think I am comfortable sharing with you since I told you to let me live my life." I said and Nick laughed.

"Can't I let you live your life but give my honest opinion?" Nick asked and I shrugged.

"It's not just my love life it's also my personal life. I have been thinking about making a change to myself, I'm just not sure how everyone will react." I said and Nick smiled.

"You want to change your last name..." Nick trailed off and I gave him a small smile.

"Not fully, I want to hyphenate it. Everly Fury-Stark. I think Tony should be represented in my life too. He is my father." I said.

"Think it's a great idea." I heard from the open office door and I turned around to see Tony standing at the door. I smiled and he walked over to me.

"I didn't want to force it but I was hoping you would want to eventually." Tony said and pulled me into a hug. I noticed Nick get some papers from his desk drawer.

"I had these made up awhile ago. All you have to do is sign it saying you approve the name change and I will get them filed." Nick said and I smiled and signed the paper.

"As your secretary shouldn't that be my job to file them?" I asked with a laugh and Nick shook his head with a laugh.

"I can do it myself." Nick said.

"And about your other problem...?" Nick asked and Tony looked at me and smiled.

"Oh yes, you and capsicle." Tony said and I groaned looking at him.

"You and Rogers are together again? What happened to you and Rumlow?" Nick asked.

"Oh they haven't been together for about a week. Catch up." Tony said and I groaned.

"Okay listen clearly, I am not fully with Steve, we haven't really talking about what we are but I have talked to Brock about not seeing our relationship any further and he understands." I said and they both gave a slight nod.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Not that we want to interject but we always knew it would be you and Steve." Nick said and I groaned.

"Yet we weren't allowed to be together? Right that makes sense." I said and they both sighed.
"We didn't want to see you hurt but then we saw the hurt it caused by making you two split up and we were stupid." Nick said and I huffed a laugh.

"Mark this day down on the calendar." I said and they both groaned.

"So what are you going to do?" Nick asked and I smiled.

"Can I have the rest of the day off?" I asked and Nick smiled.

"Of course." Nick said and I left the office. I went to Steve's room and knock on the open door. I saw he was sitting at his desk working on something. When he turned and saw me he covered up what he was working on.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"Can we maybe get out of here and go talk somewhere?" I asked and he nodded with a slight smile. We left the compound on his bike, stopped and got some lunch and then headed to our own place, Steve's land. I smiled when we arrived.