Part 22

The team had been gone for 4 days and I had only heard from them on day one. I just had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was sleeping in Steve's bed, in his shirt, cuddled with his pillow when the door burst open waking me.

"Yelena?" I asked and she looked at me panicked not saying anything.

"Yelena, when did you get here?" I asked shocked.

"Last night, Fury told me to come and get you. It's the team." Yelena said and I quickly got dressed in my jeans and t-shirt I brought into Steve's room. As I ran down to the conference room I put my hair up. I was so happy thinking the team was back but when I arrived I got extremely concerned when I saw shield agents running around and talking loudly while most on computers searching. I went up to Nick and Yelena stood beside me and took my hand.

"Uncle Nick..." I said and looked at me.

"Eve...I need to tell you something." Nick said and my heart dropped to my stomach and I knew it would stay there with the look on his face.

"What happened?" I asked.

"We lost communication with the team. The last communication we had from Tony was 2 days ago." Nick said.

"2 days ago?! And you are just saying something now?!" I asked and Nick sighed.

"You know it's not uncommon to not hear from them for a day but we aren't getting any reading on the quinjet or any tracking from Tony's suit." Nick said and I sank into a chair and then I looked at Yelena.

"Have you heard from Nat?" I asked and she shook her head.

"That's why I am here. I hadn't heard from her and I came to check on her." Yelena said and I sighed.

"Why aren't we getting any reading from the jet, shouldn't there be a tracker?" I asked.

"Yes and if they weren't in stealth mode we would be able to track it." Nick said and I sighed. I put my elbows on the table and put my head in my hands.

"Not the news you were hoping for on today of all days I know." Nick said and I started crying. Yelena placed a hand on my back.

"Should I take her back to her room?" Yelena asked.

"No, I want to be here in case we get any info. I need to be here." I said and Nick sighed.

"You are too close Eve..." Nick started to say.

"Damn right I am! My father and boyfriend are missing!" I yelled.

"Not to mention 2 of my best friends." I added. While I wasn't paying attention Sam came walking in the room.

"I sent red wing to their last location and there was no sign of them." Sam said and I groaned.

"I remember reading in my files that there was a tracker in Steve's shield. Is it still there?" I asked and Nick shook his head.

"It was removed recently and we didn't get the new one added before this mission." Nick said and I sighed as I wiped some tears away. I stood up from the chair I had sat in.

"I will be right back." I said and headed back up to Steve's room and shut the bedroom door. I grabbed my cellphone and sat on the edge of the bed and dialed his number. Once I heard the beep of his voicemail I sighed.

"Steve Grant Rogers I swear to god you better not be dead. If you are dead I will find a way to bring you back just to kill you again for leaving me without you. I need to know you are okay Steve. Please call me back, let me hear your voice and know you are okay. I need you Steve. I love you so much and I can't get through this life without you. Please come back to me." I said and hung up. I started crying before the end of the voice mail so I composed myself and called Tony's cellphone. Once I got his voicemail I groaned.