Chapter 20: Family Reunion Part 2

:It's been a while, huh?: Blade asked as he jumped down from a tree in front of Rin. She nodded as she stared at her old house, the place she called her home when she's just nothing but a young thief stealing for their survival. Rin nervously grabbed Jin's hand, like what she would do with her twin brother back then when she's nervous. This made Jin sigh and grinned at him.

"Is little Rin nervous?" He teased, causing Rin to smack his head.

"FUCK NO!!!" She screamed.

Jin was laughing like crazy and ruffled her hair, causing Rin's face to twist into a look of anger and frustration as she threw a fierce glare at her brother. She was just about to grab his face and throw him at the ground, but they were interrupted by yells. Their siblings ran toward them and they all tackled Rin into a tight hug, yelling how much they missed her and such.

Rin's eyes were wide in shock and she froze, not knowing what to do, as her thirteen year old adopted sister hugged her tightly around the waist because she's too tall. "Big sis! Big sis! Welcome back!" One by one, she stared at her siblings, uttering their names carefully.

"Snowflake, Hitomi. . " The two thirteen year olds grinned. One had short blue hair and red eyes, and she's really short. The other, which was Hitomi, had brown hair and eyes, and she's pretty tall for her age. Rin turned to her fifteen year old adopted brother and smirked. "I see you finally hit puberty, Seto." Seto, the young man with jet black hair and brown eyes, pouted. She finally turned to her sixteen year old brother. "Arceus. Tetsuya, you look like a---"  The teen glared at her with his dark green eyes from underneath his long bangs and brushed aside his emerald hair.

"Don't. Say. It."

"You look like a girl that rolled in the grass." Rin smirked with a teasing tone and she punched his arm gently. "But you grew taller. That's a change." Tetsuya sighed and shoved his hands in his worn pockets.

"Whatever." Seeing the odd family Rin has, Hajime couldn't help but smile as he watched them. But the joy they had gradually faded. Tetsuya sharply turned back to the house and heard a powerful crash from their home. Everyone was alarmed, and they all dashed towards the worn down building.

Rin was the first to reach there. She didn't even bother checking for any danger and dove inside the house, yelling out as she ran. "Father!" She soon caught sight of the silver-haired man trying to crawl down the stairs, which made her grit her teeth as she caught him and helped him get up. "What the actual fuck are you doing?!"

 She was scared, really scared, as she examined her father, the man who adopted her when she was still in the streets. His dark hair has turned silver from aging, skin wrinkly and so large fr his body they're hanging, and his eyes were blind. Just the sight of the pitiful man made her felt like her heart was clenched. Even if she hated this man, even if he was the cause of all this nightmares, he's still her father, she cares for him deeply even if she hides it.

From the second floor, Tsukiko and Hitoshi bounded down the creeky stairs to catch up with her father, eyes large in fear, but they skidded to a halt when they saw Rin.

The white-haired warrior furrowed her eyebrows in anger and lifted her father up, helping him limp to the worn couch in their living room, and her eyes twitched.

"You. . .bastard of a dad. . ." She growled fiercely and she helped him down the grey furniture. "Are you still fucking dumb as hell like before?! Why would you run down despite being blind?!" She yelled in anger. Everyone; her friends and siblings and Pokemon, they all stood by the entrance and watched quietly, not uttering a word. Rin checked his pulse in his wrist, and she almost had a heart attack when she realized she could barely feel it. Her fingers grew numb, heart racing as she tried to keep her calm. She can't run out to the village and call a medic. If she did, all  of them would be caught and maybe even sentenced to death.