Chapter 40: A High Price

"R-Rin. . ." Her eyes glowed red and black, she glared at Hajime as she gripped on her weapons tightly.

" I'm taking you to hell with me, Shitface. . ." She stated bluntly. Seeing her, Hajime felt like his heart stopped beating. A look of shock was on his face and he almost dropped his weapon.

He can feel the rage he kept inside burn, getting more stronger and powerful.

"You're manipulating. . . The dead to get me." Hajime turned to stare darkly at Kenshin. "How can this get more fucked up than before?!"

'Almost there. . .' Kenshin thought. Once the rage he kept in bursts, he'll be cleansed. It'll free him from the curse. Hajime turned his back on Rin, focusing on Kenshin, and ran to him. He suddenly had an idea that could save him. Kenshin could only try to hide a smile as he watched the young redhead take action.

It felt like his world slowed down. He knew Hajime is not one to be underestimated, he used Kenshin's powers to his advantage. Hajime managed to use Jin's chains and sent out his Pokémon for temporary help. Using the chains, he had his Pidgeot use Rain Dance to soak Kenshin and the chains, and had his Absol use Thunderbolt on the chains.*

He managed to free himself after the intense electrocution, but Hajime grabbed the opportunity to dive in and aimed at his heart. But something inside him made him hold back, and instead of killing him off, the blade was embedded deep in Kenshin's shoulder.

"Rin! Now!" Kenshin ordered as he held in a growl. Rin obediently nodded without hesitation and lunged at Hajime.

Hajime's eye widened in shock as he deflected a blow from Rin. She growled and dove down, kicking his legs. Hajime groaned and almost fell on his knees, deflecting another attack.

"Rin. . . Please. . ." Hajime choked out. He can't take it anymore, all the insanity, confusion and anger he kept inside felt like it's going to burst. His emerald eye suddenly glowed, emitting fiery trails. His hair glowed bright red like fire and a dark aura radiated from him.

'That's my cue!' Kenshin smirked. "Rin, hold him back!" Rin did as Kenshin said and ran behind Hajime. She grabbed Hajime by the shoulders and held him down. Kenshin approached Hajime, who was roaring in rage and flames bursted from him. "Got him." Kenshin placed a hand over Hajime's head, and slowly, the dark aura from Hajime slowly flowed out of his body and moved to Kenshin.

Kenshin growled, feeling his head ache from the process, and stared down at Hajime, who calmed down during the process. He's freed from Venge's curse, to his relief. What's more he even took some darkness from Rin.

Her eyes are a mix of violet, black and purple now. She's not aware she's dead, only controlled by her desire. She saw Kenshin and glared at him.

"Hajime." Rin stood up, pulling the redhead up. "We have to finish this. I have to kill him. . ." She growled maliciously, getting into her fighting stance.

'Good. . .' Kenshin thought.

Hajime looked at her with a confused face before nodding. He gripped on the Swords of Justice in his hands and stood protectively in front of Rin.

"You're going down, ****sucking motherfucker!" Rin swore and was the first to recklessly charge at him. Kenshin was now taking it easy on them to die in this fight and closed his eyes.

"Rin!" Hajime threw the blue Sword at her and she caught it. He ran beside her wielding the red one, and the two started to glow. Fiery and icy trails are left, an illusion of Moltres and Articuno flew pass them as they glowed red and blue.