Chapter 2: New Ally

(Hajime's POV):

"Ugh. . ." Everything was blurred as I opened my eyes carefully. My head was pounding, my back was aching, and I felt like my body is lying on an uncomfortable position. I tried to sit up, but I felt sharp pain on my shoulder, and I realized that my arm was underneath my back. I let out a groan as I sat up, my vision finally adjusting.

Once my vision is clear, I looked around me. My eyes widened in shock when multiple spears and swords were pointed at me, causing me to raise my hands in surrender as a reflex in fear of my life in danger.

But I remained silent as I watched a man wearing splendid, golden armour approached me, gazing at me intently underneath his helmet with his crimson eyes. I was unfazed, and I no longer felt fear as he walked in a circle around me, arms behind his back while looking me up and down. He finally stopped, and stated with an impressed look.

"I see we had another visitor. I know you'll do no harm to me nor my subjects, so your life is spared." I sighed in relief as I got on my knees, and my Umbreon ran toward me to greet me. I petted his head and returned him inside my Pokeball as I fixed my gaze back to the man.

He raised a hand and flicked his wrist, and the soldiers around me withdrew their weapons. They all retreated to give way for me, bowing politely as I stood up. I brushed my jacket and pants, and checked myself for any injuries or missing items. My bag is still with me, and I had a bruise on my head, no big deal.

I calmly walked toward the man, who was sitting on a golden throne, and took my time to look around.

The hall I was in was very huge, the pillars supporting the ceiling are made of marble decorated by carvings and oil lamps. A fine carpet was laid on the floor, and even Pokemon skin decorated the walls and floor. Ugh. Hope they're fake, even though they look too real to be fake.

"Allow me to introduce myself, boy." The man removed his helmet, revealing his crimson eyes and dark brown hair. He. . . Looks young. He looks just my age. "My name is Matsunaga Hitoshi, the king of the Kasai Kingdom's right-hand man, or just plainly his top general. It is a pleasure to meet you." He smiled warmly and walked to me, offering a friendly pat on the shoulder and a semi-hug. "Fear not, I treat everyone kindly unless they're enemies, you don't have to worry." He grinned at me.

Behind him, I saw two girls that are the same age as Hitoshi and I. One was a girl with long, almost blond-brown hair that had two rings on the front. She had piercing blue eyes and wore a tight outfit with short skirt over her pants. She smiled at me in a sister-ly manner and waved kindly, and I blushed in embarrassment. The girl beside her. . .

'There she is.' I thought with narrowed eyes upon seeing the same woman who knocked me out. She rolled her eyes and leaned on the wall, crossing her legs and folding her arms across her chest firmly. Guess she hates me.

"May I ask for the name of our visitor?" The brown-haired lady asked in a warm, gentle voice as she approached me.

"Urhh. . . I-uhh-I'm. . ." I felt my face redden in embarrassment as I stuttered, shoving my hands inside my pocket. "Date Hajime. . ." I looked down, trying not to slam my head on the ground for feeling like an idiot.

Arceus, get me the fuck outta here! It's bad enough that I got pwned by a badass chick, got embarrassed in front of another chick, and felt awkward in front of a guy who looks like he can actually help me. If only I learned to socialize--ah, fuck that. I hate people, therefore, I hate the shit we call socializing.

"I'm known as Amano Tsukiko, or the second daughter of the king of Kasai. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." The brunette bowed gracefully, and I felt a lump in my throat.