10. The Storm

Jisoo had a schedule. She got up at 6:00. She brushed her teeth, made coffee and cooked breakfast. She usually picked out clean clothes from her closet but if she was feeling particularly rebellious that day, she wore clothes from the drawer, the "business casual" drawer. She, if she had time, checked her email and was out the door. Today she hung back a little when she saw the subject of one particular email.

Subject: My Brown-Eyed Fairy

Hey pretty eyes, expect a call.

Haein .

Jisoo smiled shyly. Haein was a man she had met on one of her business trips. After the disaster that was Jinyoung, the awkward mess that was Suho and the idiotic hulk that was Taehyung, Jisoo had all but given up on men. She'd dated casually in college but until Haein, had never really experienced anything serious. The message didn't say when to expect the call so Jisoo decided to leave her phone on. Just as she walked out the door, her phone buzzed.

"Good morning my princess." Haein said charmingly.

"Good morning." Jisoo replied. "I'm on my way to work."

"I won't keep you." He promised. "How... what are you doing this Saturday? I was hoping to drive up and take you out." Jisoo beamed as she walked out the elevator. Two old ladies passed her and looked her up and down, giving her an approving smile. She faintly heard one of them say to the other, "If only my granddaughter wore something like that, she'd be radiant!" She nodded hello to the doorman who opened the door for her and flashed her a white smile as she walked on past.

"That sounds..." Just as she was about to agree to a date, her phone buzzed again. She looked down at the name of the person calling. It said 'The Lame Kim' Every time she saw that, she couldn't help but grin. She'd meant to change it since high school but every time she got around to it, a sense of nostalgia hit her and she couldn't bring herself to do it. So Jennie stayed that in Jisoo's phone.

"Sorry Haein, let me call you right back." She hung up on him and shook her head. Whatever Jennie was calling about, it must've been important. She hit the button for "Kim."

"Hell-"

"Good morning, loser."

"Chu, I found the perfect moment to tell Rosie that I love her." Jisoo cocked an eyebrow as she unlocked the door to her car. She looked at her watch. It was already later than she would've liked. Now Jennie was raving like a madman. But, she concluded, it was better to do it over the phone than at the office, which was the only other option.

"Jen, I was in the middle of talking to Haein."

"Yeah?" Jisoo could hear slight amusement in Jennie's voice. "How is he? Are his balls still shoved up his ass from the last beating I gave him?" Jisoo groaned and rubbed her forehead. She remembered that incident very well.

"You still need to apologize. He was defending your honor."

"By grabbing my boobs?"

"Your bikini came off." Jisoo pointed out. Jennie didn't relent.

"Boob grab." She countered.

"Look, as much as I enjoy our oh-so meaningful conversations, what do you want?" Jisoo started her car.

"I need you to help me out Saturday. This Saturday." Jennie requested. Jisoo almost floored it into the car in front of her upon hearing that.

"Oh no. No, no. I am doing something with Haein on Saturday." She said.

"Please? It's my only chance to tell her!" Jennie pleaded.