seventeen.

IMPORTANT: Read the A/N at the end of the chapter

-

It was the last push. The one, they pushed so hard, the one that took everything in their power to reach and now it was time.

And to say Mia was nervous was underestimating, she was a ball of nerves. Some of her most loved people were 5 hours away from maybe the night of their lives.

"You okay M?" Charles asked her, maybe because she was bitting her nails or maybe because her leg was tapping, or maybe because she was shaking.

"Yes, of course, perfectly fine, why wouldn't I be?" she said and continued to shake.

Daniel, Charles, Max, Mia and Carlos were sat at the roof of the hotel, chatting about the soon coming race weekend while Mia was still zoned out.

"You keep bitting your nails" Charles laughed at her and she laughed at him, it really was funny, the way she was more nervous than the actual players.

Lando just had joined them when he saw Mia and Charles talking to each other, not realising he was there.

"Its okay M, they are going to do great" Daniel spoke and thats when they turned around, her eyes met his and locked for a second more than it should.

"Oh hey mate" Charles greeted him and it took Lando everything not to roll his eyes, he had clearly seen Lando before. "Hey Norris" she nodded at the boy and he did the same, even if both of them knew they had more than a nod for each other.

"Is Frenkie coming?" Max asked and Lando's face dropped a bit. "Yes, in fact his plane should be landing in a few minutes" Mia checked the time on her phone, it was around 10am and the game was supposed to start at 3am

"They will win and if they don't they should be happy for where they have come" Daniel again tried to comfort her,

"I know and I am so proud of them I am just worried about Kai, they paid a lot for him and he thinks that if they lose it will be because of him" she spoke, a sad impression on her face

"You know Kai is good, everyone else knows it, we just have to show him that" the older Mclaren driver smiled hopefully, "You are right, thank you"

They dropped the topic and soon enough everyone was engaged with their own conversation.

Two familiar to Mia voices were heard. She jumped and rushed to hug Frenkie and Riqui and returned to the others with a big smile, a smile that annoyed Lando...

"I can see how nervous you are, but stop worrying, they are going to be fine, no one is getting injured-" he stopped and before she could open her mouth to talk Frenkie already knew what she was going to say, "Kai is going to be fine as well, they are coming home as champions" he smiled at her and that smile made almost all the nerves disappear, almost all of them....

That made Lando feel bad, Frenkie made her feel so comfortable, a way he could never...

"Its time, lets go, the others are meeting us there" Daniel informed everyone and they all went to their rooms to get ready.

On their way to the rooms Mia and Lando's eyes locked again and their shoulders touched. That moment they had went unnoticed by Daniel, but both of them felt the sparkles...

-
39:52 minute in the game and still nothing. Mia was getting nervous, even more than before. She was expecting more attacks. What if it ends 0-0 and they go to penalties, the team is not prepared for that. Mendy is a great goalkeeper and she believes in him, but he is not the one with the penalties, thats Kepa, but it is not also his best period....