(Mitzu) An Almost

Funfact: this was inspired by a tiktok video where the creator shared how her crush almost had a crush on her but didn't because her crush got lazy.

"I almost had a crush on you." Tzuyu says, refraining from looking at Mina's direction. Out of everything that happened today, this is the most surprising thing Tzuyu had ever said.

And Mina, for sure, doesn't know how to react. Should she be happy about that little almost accident? Be worried or something?

She stays silent instead, and waits for Tzuyu to say more.

Tzuyu glanced at Mina, a faint smile on her lips, and maybe a little expectation from Mina. But of course she wouldn't get any because she worded it differently. What was she thinking.

And this is not even a confession. Not really. Just a little almost accident.

"I almost had a crush on you," She repeats again though almost sounds bitter and not right because she knows for sure she had a big crush on Mina. Oh she did, but someone came along, and it had gotten a little heavy for Tzuyu to keep liking Mina. "But I got lazy."

Tzuyu chuckles. She thought she'd feel lighter, but every low chuckle she lets out, she feels heavier.

Mina snickers, feeling just the same as Tzuyu. "I almost had a crush on you too, but then I got lazy as well." And then, someone came along.

But even if it was just the two them until then, they'll stay being the way they are right now because nothing will happen if you put two cowards in one room.