// Trapped //

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hail Mary, full of grace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

50 years ago

Rhysand had gotten an invitation from the general of King Hybern's armies. Amarantha. She had invited all the High Lord's of Prythian to a ball under their sacred mountain.

Rhysand had asked me to go with him. As protection but also as a date, he didn't want to go alone.

I agreed, but only after getting a lecture from my wonderful mate. He told me all the stupid but adorable things I had to follow.

Stay with Rhysand at all times.

All the same things but in different words. I could see where it came from. He was very territorial. And I loved him for it.

But I was Rhysand's body guard, technically. I was an unofficial member of the inner circle. They were all wary about me, with me coming from a different realm.

"Parisa, we'll leave in an hour." Rhys said from sitting room. "Get ready."

I moved to my bed to get my dress that I was planning on wearing. It was a white dress with a key neckline and a short train. I hd my red rosary thing around my waist with the cross hung in front of me.

I had a guy feeling that I'd want it near me.

I stood out in the night court with my white wings, but I still loved and loved what they symbolized.

For makeup, I had a sharp winged eyeliner and blood red lipstick to finish off the look.

I heard a knock come from my door. "Parisa, we need to leave."

"Coming, Rhys." I replied after putting my heels on.

I walked out of my room to see Rhys standing outside waiting for me. He had a black fitted suit on with a white tie.

"Flying?" I asked as we walked into the sitting room.

"No, winnowing will be quicker."

Azriel, Cassian, and Mor stood in the middle talking. Azriel looked up at me the moment he heard my heels hitting the floor of the room.

He walked towards me as Rhysand walked to Cassian and Mor. Azriel stood in front of me, looking me up and down before pulling into a hug.

"I have a bad feeling about this." His eyebrows were furrowed as he looked down at me.

"I'll be okay." I smiled up at him, giving him a peck on his soft lips.

He rubbed his nose into my neck, breathing in my scent before bringing his nose back up to my face. I rubbed my nose against him in our own way of saying we love each other

"We have to go." Rhysand put his hand out towards me.

"I'll see you soon, my love." Giving him a goodbye kiss.

I took Rhysand's hand and looked at Azriel. For what I didn't know was the last time for a while. Black clouds surrounded us, and we disappeared into darkness.

~~~~

Rhys and I landed in front of the stone doors of the ballroom. They were tall and stood strong on their hinges.The guards on each side pushed the doors open.

There were fey from each court in the room. Either dancing or drinking. Most of them kept to their own court.

The room went silent as Rhysand and I walked into the room. With me on his arm, we looked like a powerful duo.

I grabbed a glass of champagne off a tray of a server going past us. Rhysand led us to a quiet corner where we could relax.

Amarantha walked towards the centre of the room. "High lords and fae of prythian, welcome to your doom."