// Realization //

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present

Over the years, Eris had come to my cell every night after the beatings, I had gotten to know him as time passed.

When he would come to me, he'd heal the wounds just enough to make them not hurt too much, but it still look like my supernatural healing had something to do with it.

After he'd sit with me for a while, he would just lean back against the rocks of the wall, but nothing would be said.

He looked relaxed, nothing like the Eris everyone would talk about.

Today, I was not dragged from my cell. I've been left alone so far. But I couldn't help the feeling in my gut that something was going to happen.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps outside my cell.

"The queen has asked to see you." The attor said, stepping into my view.

He lifted me off the floor and flue us both to the main hall. Once we got to the room, all the high lords and some of their courts stood around.

Dropping me in the middle of the large room, I noticed a second throne on alter where Amarantha's was.

I looked up from the ground, and Tamlin, sitting dead still on the throne. His face stone cold.

"Welcome, old friend." The red-headed woman said. "I see you're healed. Wonder who helped you."

She rose a perfectly sculpted brow, "Could it have been a long haired Autumn prince?" As she finished her sentence, a sly smile slowly spread across her face.

I couldn't help the fear that bubbled in my chest at the thought of Amarantha finding out about Eris' help.

"Tell me, friend, who is it?"

I looked down, not saying anything. I wasn't going to let Eris down like that, I won't let anything happen to him.

"No, it wasn't him. I had no help except the help of my god." I breathed, trying not to shake at my own stupidity.

She rolled her eyes at the mention of god. Most Fea had found it stupid that humans believed in a God or that they reformed to the rules of religion. The older the fearie, the more they thought us humans were stupid.

"You really want me to believe that the 'almighty god' you speak so highly about healed you." The disbelief in her voice was heard loudly.

"Yes."

Amarantha laughed as she stood up from her throne, walking towards me. She took my chin in her hand and lifted my head to look at her. "Where is your god now? Tell me. Why doesn't he come save you."

"Psalm 46:5 - 'God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day'." I recited the verse from memory.

She looked at me and laughed. This made the rest of the throne burst into laughter in fear that she might turn on them. "Stupid angle. I want to meet your god."

"You would, wouldn't you." I laughed at her.

Her face dropped, and an angry shadow fell over her whole body. "You dare to disrespect me, I will show you what I can do."

Amarantha looked at the Attor and nodded her head in the direction of the Autumn Royal Court. My stomach sunk as the idea of what she was going to do entered my brain.

The Attor flew towards the auburn haired men and dropped behind Eris. Eris' hand flew to the dagger at his hip, ready to protect himself, but before he could even think of anything, his father's hand stopped.

Almost as if they were having an internal conversation, Eris dropped his hand from the dagger and walked forward to where I was knelt.

He stood behind me slightly, but even there, the comforting smell of firewood surrounded. It brought me the comfort only Azriel could bring me. Why could that do that.

"Eris Vanserra, first born son of High Lord Beron and future High Lord of the Autumn Court. What do you have to say for yourself." Amarantha said as she returned to her place on her throne.

"Nothing. i was doing what was right, sh... she is my mate." He stuttered.

The shock hit me like a wave of ice-cold water. How can I be his mate if I'm mated to Azriel. Is this even possible? Can I have two mates. What will Azriel think.

"Mate." A loud laugh came out of her mouth at the sound of us being mated. "Then what i have planned should be a lot better."