// Human //

~~~~~~

And at the hour of our death

~~~~~~

Clare was dead a week later.

She lasted longer than I had expected. Amarantha had done such cruel things to the poor human. I did not even have to see what had been done to know, that she had died a slow and painful death. I felt sorry for the girl.

I did not know her but i knew she had a family living somewhere who would mourn for her. What would Amarantha do to them once she found out about them. I did not want to know.

Eris had been very quiet ever since the human was taken up to the throne room. He had just stared out the cell bars, his eyes looked empty. It was a look I had not seen on him.

"Eris." He did not move, there was not even a twitch in his eye. "Eris, are you okay?"

He still had not moved. I moved to sit in front of him, he sat like a statue. If i had not known better, I would have thought he was dead but his chest seemed to slowly rise and fall as he breathed.

I moved again, this time I got onto his lap and sat as close to his face as I could. I put my hands on his chest and slightly tapped him. This seemed to wake him out of whatever trance he was in because she shot up towards me. He used is body weight to push me over so he was on top and had my arms held up above my head. 

"Eris, Eris. It's me." I tried to wriggle myself loose. "Darling, it's okay. There is nothing to be scared of." 

He snapped out of his trance. "I'm sorry. I am so sorry."

He shot off me and moved into the furthest corner. He looked sweaty and scared. 

"Eris, what happened are you okay?" I was more worried about him then I was about myself. 

"Yes, I think I am." He shook his head. "I was just remembering something but its fine now, love."

I decided to change the subject. "Love? That's new."

He smiled lightly. "I wanted to try it out and the blush on your face says it worked."

I wanted to reply to his little joke but the sound of heavy footsteps stopped me. They sounded heavy and could be heard echoing through the underground prison. The shadow of the person appeared before he did and the way Eris stiffened at the sight of it, I could see he new who he was.

High Lord Beron of the Autumn Court rounded the corner, his face a deep red with anger. At that anger Eris seemed to tense even more then he already was.

"Father, what are you doing here?"  

"The better question, is what are you doing here?" He growled at his son. "You're the heir to the Autumn Court and you are getting whipped in public for helping a Night Court whore."

"Do not call her that." Eris said, his voice deep.

"What, a whore?" He laughed as he saw what he said had began to hurt me.

I knew many people had thought that i had fucked my way up the ranks in the Night Court. To every other court I had just appeared out of no where. An angel who had fallen out of the sky and climbed the Night Court ranks seemingly out of no where.

"Father, what are you doing here?" Eris seemed to be sick of him now and just moved on.

His father laughed. "I have come to see what my disappointment of a son has gotten himself into. You embarrassed the whole Autumn Court."

He walked closer to the cell door, he pulled out a key that looked like it was to the cell. Put the key in the slot and opened the cell gate. 

"Eris, I have spoke to Amarantha and have gotten you out."

Eris looked over to me. "what about Parisa?"

Beron scowled at me before turning back to his son. "What about her." 

"She is my mate, you can't leave her here." Eris had moved over to me and grabbed my hand. 

"She is the Night Court whore, I do not want my son to be anywhere near the Night Court whore." He walked into the cell and took his son by the collar of is shirt.

He dragged him out of the cell and slammed the cell gate closed again leaving me alone in the dark cell.