Four days till Christmas

"Lotte! Can I go with you?!" Ines shouted from the top of the hill and looked at her big sister, who was walking up at the hill.

"Of course!" Lotte said and sniffed. She smirked; Ines was standing on the hill, waiting, it looked emotionless.

Mathilde, the daughter of Nina and Simon, looked at the person next to Lotte. "Can I go with Mick?"

"Sure!"

There were only four days left to Christmas, making everybody excited. Today Mick and Lotte went out in nature with the four kids: Ines, Mathilde, Wolfgang and Günther. Gina and Colette wanted to join, but they had to prepare something for dinner. Mick and Lotte were the two adults to watch the four children who absolutely wanted to sleigh off the hill.

"I read the Northern Lights will be out on Christmas Eve," Lotte excitedly said and looked hopeful at Mick. "I know there are rules of not going out in the night because of the dark and cold, but I want to see them." Since their house was very remote from the buzz and city - and there were no lights, so you easily got lost - no one was allowed to go out on their own. "I already asked Papa and Pops, but they said no..."

"I read heard about it too," Mick replied. "But I understand the rule... I mean, I already get lost in daylight, let alone in the middle of the night."

She nodded and smirked. "Yeah, that's true. Maybe I won't go, but I'm considering ongoing anyway. I probably get to see it once in my entire life."

"Rebellious, Lottie." He looked at her; she was someone who would never do something to break the rules. "We can go together." A forced smile grew on his face, did I ask it right or not? "Ask Gina and Colette if they'll join," he added.

A sparkle came into her eyes. "Oh, my god, yes."

"Let's just do it. What possibly can go wrong?"

"Until we get lost..." Lotte raised her eyebrows and giggled. "No, that won't happen."

They arrived at the top. It was Lotte's first time here, well, not the first time, but the first time this year. Memories came up, the number of hours she, Colette, Mick and Gina had spent her; thousands of sleigh rides and many bruises.

Lotte walked over to Ines, who was already sitting on her sleigh. "Alrighty," she smiled.

"Lot, just don't think about it. Go with the flow," Ines assured her, thinking this would be her first time.

"I know," Lotte blurted. "How do we sit?"

Ines sat down on the front part of the wooden sleigh, making Lotte automatically sit behind her. She wrapped her arms around Ines, and they both pushed themselves away. The sleigh let them glide over the white covered hill with quite some speed. It made Ines even wrap her hands around Lotte's arms for extra grip - not that it would help.

Waves of laughter filled the air when they slowed down and came to a standstill.

"That was amazing," Ines giggled and got up. She looked behind her, seeing the others still on the top of the hill. "I'm going to watch them."

Lotte almost lost her balance when getting up, but she managed not to fall. She turned around the sleigh and sat down again. "Sadly, we do not have popcorn for this."

"No," Ines disappointingly sighed and sat in front of Lotte again. She leaned back against her big sister. "Lot, do you like it here?"

"Yes, I do. What about you?" Lotte curiously asked and wrapped her arms back around Ines. They could be fighting each other, but also be best friends and caring about each other.