Christmas Eve

It was Christmas Eve, and the first dinner started a couple of hours ago. The main course just finished. Everybody was talking and enjoying the Christmas music in the background. It was all about sharing and giving.

Mick was the head on one side of the table; he had a clear overview of everyone. But he couldn't keep his eyes off from one person in particular: Lotte. She sat on the other head of the table, so across from him. Lotte was wearing a blue long sleeve wrap dress, golden jewellery and her hair had waves. Her makeup was simple, but that made it even more beautiful. It was simple, but it looked so good on her.

"I think it's time for dessert?"

It was Colette, Mick and Lotte's turn to serve the dessert. It was like they worked in shifts. However, the three were in charge of the dessert. Lotte got up and picked up a few finished plates.

"God, I feel like I work in Masterchef," Colette mumbled, she was preparing the dessert. "Do not judge me."

"Us," Lotte corrected.

"Us," Colette said and nervously chuckled.

"Nothing can go wrong," Mick said to her. "It's called a mess for a reason."

Colette looked at him. "That's true," she smirked. "Anyway, you make the whipped cream, Lot will do the presentation, and I will prepare the rest," she instructed.

Everybody hair their own task. Colette was in charge, the team captain. Lotte made sure everybody had a drink and did the presentation. Mick picked the recipe: Eton mess. Easy, quick and delicious. After ten minutes, it was ready to serve.

"Do you still want to go?" Mick quietly asked and looked at Lotte when he had to pick up two bowls. "Tonight is our best shot, they said on the news."

Lotte's eyes lit up, she almost forgot it, but he remembered it... "If you still want to go? You don't have to," she whispered.

"It's on my bucket list."

"Let's do it then."

A smile grew on his face. "I will pick you up when everybody is asleep."

She nodded. "I will see you then. Thanks, Mick."

He grabbed the two bowls. "You look beautiful," he whispered before walking away. Mick walked back to the dining table and placed the two plates on the table. Lotte had the last two plates, so he didn't have to go back to the kitchen. When he sat down again, he looked at Lotte and saw a smile on her face, she was trying to act normal. It made Mick smile.

"For dessert, we made Eton mess, enjoy!"

☃️

Lotte looked up at the ceiling and took a deep breath. She could hear Colette slowly fall asleep. She was wondering when they would leave... Anyway, what will this bring to us? I don't know what to think of it, honestly. Lotte squeezed her eyebrows together and blinked a couple of times.

A while later, soft knocks were hearable. The door slowly opened, and the curves of a human became seeable by the light in the hall.

"Lottie, are you awake?" Mick whispered. He couldn't see anything, so he hoped Colette was already asleep, and Lotte was awake.

"Yes, I'm coming," she whispered back and pushed the duvet off her. She quietly walked towards Mick. "Hey," she lipped and closed the bedroom door behind her. "I was afraid you forgot it."

"What? No," he quietly said and walked down the stairs. "It took a while for everybody to go to bed," he explained.

Lotte nodded and put on her boots. When Lotte went to 'bed', she made sure Colette wouldn't see her since she changed into her winter outfit instead of her pyjamas. "Hopefully, nobody will miss us."