24

Game time, baby.

All of us were gathered in the locker room, the team was getting ready when Adam walked in, "Coach." Everyone greeted him as he walked in, "I woke up...and the pain was gone." He moved his wrist, showing Gordon that he was fine.

We all started cheering for Adam, happy that he was finally ok.

"Adam, I'm sorry, but we already have a full roster."

We all looked over at Russ, they kid who had taken Adam's spot due to his injury. Russ began to take off his jersey, prepared to give up his spot for Adam.

Charlie quickly stopped him, "He can have my spot." He offered. Charlie walked up to the two and sighed, "It's what I can do for the team. Let me do it." Adam put a hand on Charlie's shoulder, giving his thanks.

"Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me."

Everyone started cheering again, God we cheer a lot.

We were given a grand entrance, since it was the final game, I guess. "Deep breath, here we go!" Gordon called out as the team made their way onto the ice. The crowd was going crazy and everyone was basking in it.

Both teams made their way to their benches, "Alright, hands in everyone. Heads high! Stand tall! Fly straight! U.S.A!"

And then the team finished the chant with, "All the way!" And raised their hands up. And then Iceland did their stupid chant. It was stupid, as I said.

The crowd went crazy again as the two teams went together for a face-off. Averman and Gunnar went against each other, I didn't cheer because I was so fucking nervous. I really wanted us to win so that Stansson could shove it up his ass.

Gunnar quickly takes the puck and knocks Averman down. Iceland knows their strengths, especially their body strength, and another player checks Guy into the boards.

The puck gets hit behind our net and Goldberg is quick to get it, letting Dean get it but Gunnar quickly checks him into the boards.

Everyone quickly tries to gain control of the puck but Iceland keeps it, Gunnar tries to make a goal but Goldberg quickly saves it.

The game keeps going but an Iceland player trips Goldberg and Iceland moves to make a shot, Goldberg tries to save it, but he's too late.

"It's alright, it's alright. We'll get that one back." Gordon tries to comfort.

I look back over at the game to see Kenny and Dwayne holding Goldberg back from attacking an Iceland player. Goldberg tries to threaten the player but, he doesn't do much.

"Line change!" Gordon yells next to me, "Guy, Jesse, Russ. You ready? Get out there!"

The players quickly change and I hear Stansson yell from his box, "That's the shooter. Watch him! Get him!" Referring to Russ.

When the game started, Iceland players started to ambush Russ, making him inaccessible. When Russ finally got the puck and prepared to do his knuckle puck an Iceland player slid on the puck, causing Russ to fall over and miss his shot.

Iceland gained control of the puck again and they were quick to make another goal.

"Just put in Julie." I whispered to myself. I knew she would be able to handle the players, even if she hadn't gotten put on the ice the entire tournament.

The hitting kept up on the Iceland side, overwhelming our team.

"We can't make it." I heard Averman say, "Iceland's bigger, stronger, faster. They've got more facial hair." I laughed cause he seemed genuinely worried about not having as much facial hair as the other team.