Chapter 28- Seperating

'How awkward.'

He sat calmly across the room as every eye in the room glanced back at him.

Thief and Himari we're particularly disdain. They did not seem to have anything to say to him but their looks gave off a sense of weariness. They laid back against the wall without so much as a word.

Hiromichi however was restlessly moving his leg back and forth. His hand visibly gripped across the table and as he stood up and angrily declared. "So, you just decided to leave us out of this because we would get in your way?!"

Was that the messaged he conveyed?

"Oh no, I didn't say that, I said there's nothing you could have done, I wouldn't need you anyway."

Hiromichi gritted his teeth and flexed his fists. "You being cute asshole?"

'Am I speaking out of context here?'

He raised an eyebrow as he wondered. It was possible that his words could mean something else entirely if they came from a different region. Often times similar words can come across as rude if spoken with foreign people of other cultures. Perhaps 'wouldn't need you' could be interpreted as 'get in your way' if dialect is vastly unsimilar.

"Guys, please, he does not mean it in a bad way." Sayu stepped in to defend him. "It sounds rude but you know he means well."

She stood between Hiromichi and himself, a very poor attempt for protection considering Hiromichi easily staggered over her smaller size.

'Should I apologize.'

"Tch, you gonna let her speak for you?!" Hiromichi continued to bark over Sayu's head completely ignoring her presence.

"I'm...sorry?" he found himself responding half-heartedly. "Anyhow we're waiting for Elizabeth at the moment to come back."

Hiromichi sneered and sat back down. "We're gonna talk, you and I later."

'Am I in trouble?'

Everyone subtly looked at him like he had done something wrong but for the life of him he could not figure out what it was. He continued. "For now, I would like to spend some time fixing up this town before moving out."

Their expressions softened, Thief being the first to speak out. "What exactly do you have in mind, ku?"

He clicked on his tongue and drowned them out once again. Fixing the town would be easy enough for him to do. A few finger snaps here and there he would have the town looking new and even better than before. The problem was the economical state of this town. Cleaning up the town would certainly help out the looks but many of the businesses had gone under during the repeated aggressive attacks from the bandits before he had even got here.

He shook his head and a small window sprung open.

『 Gold:9,952,478,895,287』

He realized now that he barely ever touched his sum of gold, it had been coming in handy the last few weeks though so it was nice to find some use for it.

Investing a large sum of gold into making some reviving some of these establishments and potentially getting a new trade route should do it. However, he wasn't much keen for doing any of the boring paperwork stuff, usually Elizabeth would take care of such things if ever needed.

This was a perfect opportunity to see Sayu's skills as an assistant.

He looked at Sayu who had been standing in front of him ever since she stepped up and smiled. "Here." his hand reached into the air and a bag filled with coin sprung from thin air and into the palm of his hand. "It's your time to shine."