Chapter Five

Several days had passed and the repairs to the Hinata House started without any incident. After all, Naru, Motoko, and Mitsune would not try and invoke the wrath of their new landlords and decided to make the best of it.

Unfortunately, that was not the case.

The chores that Keitaro had done with experienced ease were hard on Naru, who had led a mostly sheltered life before moving to the Hinata House. Motoko, however, with her body toned from her kendo training, saw it only as a challenge.

At Haruka's teahouse, Mitsune was forbidden to drink while she was on the job. And knowing full well of Haruka's wrath (which she unleashed upon Keitaro whenever he calls her aunt, or if Kentaro had slacked off from his job), Mitsune was forced to sober up.

Kaolla, Shinobu, and Sarah had no problems with Ryu or Chun-Li. If anything, Shinobu was grateful for the extra help from Kaolla and Sarah. Ryu and Chun-Li had to only mildly chastise Kaolla once concerning her mad experiments which put the dorm in danger, not to mention her 'greeting dropkicks,' which also caused damage to the dorm. After that, Kaolla promised (in exchange for a crate of bananas from Brazil) not to cause any damage to the dorm while Ryu and Chun-Li worked on the repairs.

Of course, to Naru, Motoko, and Mitsune, it had appeared to them that the once easy-going dormitory had fallen under a virtual dictatorship, with Ryu and Chun-Li having absolute authority.

Ryu and Chun-Li worked out an effective system for the chores. Every other day, Naru and Motoko were to clean the dorms, while Mitsune worked nine-hour shifts at Haruka's teahouse Monday through Friday and a five-hour shift on Saturdays. Ryu and Chun-Li worked on the dorm repairs while Naru and Motoko were at school and Mitsune was at Haruka's cafe. Upon arriving at the dorm, they were to do their chores before anything else.

This was more than Naru, Motoko, and Mitsune could stand. Mitsune, being the fox of the Hinata House, decided to use her feminine wiles to try and convince Ryu into not letting her work for Haruka.

Mitsune found Ryu in his room. Chun-Li was still in the hot springs. Wearing only an oversized dress shirt which was slightly opened, revealing her chest, and several choice pieces of lingerie underneath, Mitsune entered the landlord's room.

Ryu was half-naked from the waist up, dressed in a pair of pajama pants. He turned around and found Mitsune inside. "What is it?" he asked.

Mitsune sauntered over to him. "Well, I wanted to talk to you about the...arrangement with Haruka," she replied. "Chun-Li won't listen to reason, but you seem like a reasonable fellow and buff too," she added, trailing one fingernail across Ryu's abs. "Why don't you come to my room and we can discuss this over some rice wine, yes?"

She was surprised to see that, unlike Keitaro, Ryu wasn't the least bit affected by her advances. "I don't think that you're my type, Mitsune. And I am a very happily married man."

Mitsune was even closer now. "What does your wife have that I don't, huh? Besides having bigger boobs?"

"One thing is that she is extremely jealous if she sees someone flirting with me," Ryu replied, "and I am just about the same with her."

"She doesn't have to know what goes on between us," Mitsune rasped.

"I think she does," Ryu replied matter-of-factly. "In fact, she's right behind you."

Mitsune's eyes became completely open after that statement. Ryu slowly moved from Mitsune as the fox turned around and found herself looking at a very furious Chun-Li. The Chinese woman, having completed her bath, was dressed in a yellow nightshirt, and had basically seen Mitsune's attempt at seducing Ryu, and was currently cracking her knuckles, preparing to deal out some serious pain to the harlot.