Chapter Six

Two weeks had passed since the strike and sure enough, Ryu and Chun-Li made Naru and Motoko's lives miserable with the near-staggering workload they had planned for them, while Haruka made Mitsune's life a living hell. Even with her martial arts training, Motoko was exhausted, and the only thing that the girls could do after that week was to simply eat, take a bath, and fall asleep.

However, given the tempers of both Naru and Motoko, that wasn't going to last.

That morning, Ryu had left an announcement with Chun-Li, who told the girls that Ryu was taking the day off. As usual, Naru, being the most vocal of the girls, immediately shouted that the landlord should be at the dorm at all times. Chun-Li, with her patience with the brunette growing thin, reminded her that she was also the landlord and that Ryu was taking the day off for 'personal reasons,' and that she was in charge of the dorm until he comes back.

Naru was outside sweeping the stone walkway when Motoko, who was finished with her chores long before Naru, came from around the house, dressed in her hakama and sweating, following her training session. Chun-Li had gone shopping, taking Shinobu, Kaolla, and Sarah with her and Mitsune was working at Haruka's cafe.

Apparently, the two girls were still mad over the failed strike.

"I can't believe this!" Naru huffed, throwing down the broom in frustration. "Just wait until that idiot comes back!"

Motoko nodded. "Urashima has crossed the line this time. These chores are the responsibilities of the landlord, not us. I think it's high time to remind him what his responsibilities are once Ryu and Chun-Li are gone."

Naru was about to reply when she heard voices coming from the stairs. Motoko stiffened slightly as she felt the ki signatures of three more people other than Ryu.

Naru turned to the stairway and marched over there. "I am going to give those two a piece of my..." She stopped in her tracks as to what she saw. Motoko stood beside her.

Ryu was walking up the stairway, but he wasn't alone. Flanking him on both sides were two men, older than he was, Sakura and another man walking beside her. Ryu was dressed in a simple gray-and-black hakama, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His headband was wrapped around his forehead. The man on the left was just as built, despite his age. He was bald, with white hair on the sides of his head and a flowing white beard.

A scar was evident over his left eyebrow and his arms showed even more scars on them. To both the Hinata House Residents, he reminded them of the ascetic yamabushi of old, due to his homely appearance, as well as the brown tattered dogi he wore. On his neck, he wore a massive set of prayer beads. If anything, he could pass for Ryu's grandfather.

It was, however, the man on the right that made both Naru and Motoko uneasy. The second man was younger than the older man, but still older than Ryu. Instead of a hakama, he was dressed in a tattered black karate dogi, with a length of coarse brown rope wrapped around his waist in place of a belt. His hair was red, with gray streaks on the sides, and tied into a topknot, although to Naru and Motoko, it reminded them of a flaming lotus bud.

Unlike the other man's gentle face, his expression was the exact opposite. His face looked like it was ready for battle, the eyes red, with the result of an exorcism gone wrong.

Sakura was dressed in a simple yukata, her hair neatly combed back. The last man was American, just as muscular as Ryu, both Naru and Motoko deducted, with shoulder-length blonde hair tied into a ponytail, and unlike his Japanese counterparts, was dressed in a tailored suit.

Motoko got over her shock. "What is the meaning of this?" she demanded.

Ryu looked at the female kendoist. "It is none of your concern, Aoyama. Now move."