Finale

Several days had passed since Juli and Juni's assassination attempt on Ryu, Chun-Li, and the residents of the Hinata House. Since then, the girls have seen Ryu and Chun-Li in a new light. The hatred was gone now, replaced by a degree of mutual respect and admiration for the interim landlords, having put their lives at risk to save their own.

The two months were nearly over, but the residents of the Hinata House were in for one more surprise.

There was one more week left in Ryu and Chun-Li's tenure as landlords of the Hinata House. The place was looking much better now, thanks to the repairs done by Ryu and Chun-Li. Right now, Chun-Li was sweeping the stone pathway when she noticed the odd-looking bird perched on the tree. It looked like a Japanese crane, but one that she had never seen before.

Then she noticed the woman walking up the stairs. She was taller than her, with her hair slightly longer and her face was partially concealed by her round straw hat. Chun-Li took notice of the wedding ring on her finger and the two swords she was carrying in her hands. She was also dressed in the same type of hakama that Motoko usually wears.

The crane began to squawk until its mistress silenced the foul. "Shippu! That's enough out of you." She turned to the Chinese fighter. "My apologies. Shippu can be a handful at times. I am looking for the Hinata House."

"You found it," Chun-Li replied. "What's your business here?"

"I came to visit my sister," the woman replied as she removed her hat. From there, the resemblance was more than enough for Chun-Li. "She is a resident here. I am her sister, Tsuruko Aoyama." She looked at Chun-Li closely. "I was told that the landlord of the Hinata House was a man."

"Keitaro is taking a break from landlord duties," Chun-Li replied with the same courtesy. "My husband and I are acting landlords."

Tsuruko inclined her head. "Your husband wouldn't happen to be Ryu Hoshi?"

"He is. I'm Chun-Li Zang," Chun-Li replied, bowing slightly.

The Shinmei-ryu mistress responded with a bow of her own. "Motoko told me about you. She spoke very highly of you."

Chun-Li nodded. "Pleasure to meet you. So what brings you to the Hinata House?"

Tsuruko gestured to one of the swords in her hands. "I came to visit Motoko, of course. And to bring her a replacement sword."

Chun-Li gestured to the dorm. "Motoko is inside. Please follow me."

As Chun-Li lead Tsuruko to the front door, the shoji door opened, and out stepped the aforementioned sister of Tsuruko Aoyama. She just completed her training session and after a bath and a change of clothes, she was about to head out for a walk around the grounds before dinner when she stopped.

Chun-Li was walking with Tsuruko.

"B-Big Sister?!" Motoko gasped. "What are you doing here?"

Tsuruko tossed Motoko her new sword. "I came by to check up on you. Yuji and I are visiting his parents in Tokyo. I decided to come here. I hope you like your new sword."

Motoko quickly got over her shock and bowed to her sister. "Thank you, Big Sister."

Then Ryu showed up from the front door, with Sakura behind him. Like a good mentor, Ryu was explaining to his student the finer points of the Ansatsuken Shinjutsu.

Then he stopped when he noticed Tsuruko with both her sister and Chun-Li. "I was wondering when you were going to show up, Tsuruko," he quipped. "You look well."

"And you as well," Tsuruko replied with the same courtesy. "It's been a long time, Ryu." She looked at Sakura. "Is this your student?"

Ryu conducted the introductions. "Tsuruko, my student, Sakura Kasugano. Sakura, Tsuruko Aoyama, Motoko's older sister and master of the Shinmei-ryu style."