Chapter Ten

A month passed since Ryu and Chun-Li have taken over the Hinata House. Since then, the dorm's appearance have begun to change for the better, thanks to Ryu's carpentry skills. However, to Naru, Motoko, and Mitsune, it was as if the dorm had fallen under virtual dictatorship. They refuse to admit that they had done anything wrong to Keitaro and had tried to abuse Ryu and Chun-Li the way they did with Keitaro, but had failed miserably.

Mutsumi and the three younger residents of the Hinata House had no problem with the interim landlords. But to Naru and Motoko, having to clean the house while Mitsune paid Keitaro back every dollar she had swindled and blackmailed from him was starting to become too much. On top of that, the resident fox of the Hinata House was also barred from drinking at Haruka's teahouse, as well as some of the local bars in the neighborhood, due to the large bar tabs she rang up. Whenever Mitsune wasn't drunk, she would whine, which fell on deaf ears.

One day, Keitaro was studying in his room, which was on the third floor when he realized that he was missing a critical textbook from his studies. Upon realizing that the book he needed was in the landlord's room, he got up and walked out of the room. The dorm was mostly empty, save for Naru, who was in her room, and Mitsune, who was nursing a hangover from drinking at the new bar and grill which had opened (surprisingly, she had paid for her tab).

When he reached the second floor, he ran into Chun-Li outside the landlord's room. "Good morning, Keitaro," she greeted him.

Keitaro nodded in greeting. "Good morning, Chun-Li. I left a textbook for my exams in the landlord's room. Do you mind if I can go in and get it?"

"Go ahead," Chun-Li replied.

Neither person knew that Naru was listening through the hole in the ceiling. At that moment, Naru decided that once Chun-Li was out of the picture, then that perverted idiot would have some explaining to do.

Meanwhile, outside, Keitaro continued to talk to Chun-Li. "This place is looking a whole lot better."

"You can thank Ryu for that. He has a natural talent for carpentry. I helped though. Anyway, I won't keep you, Keitaro." Chun-Li turned and walked away.

Keitaro walked into the room. After a few moments of rummaging through his desk, Keitaro found the study guide and exited the room. Naru, who was watching him leave, slid the board back and jumped down into the landlord's room.

She caught up with Keitaro halfway down the hall. "Stop right there, Keitaro."

Keitaro turned around. "What is it, Naru? I'm busy."

Naru marched up to Keitaro, with anger being the dominant expression on the brunette's face. "What the hell were you thinking hiring Ryu and Chun-Li as the landlords? You are supposed to be the landlord!"

Keitaro glared back at the woman, not showing any of his now-gone fear. "You got a lot of nerve to tell me what I should be doing, Naru. You are not in charge of this dorm. I am, and I stand by my decision."

"You saw what Ryu did to Motoko!" Naru half-shouted, remembering the duel. "He could have killed her! Why didn't you do something about that?!"

"Motoko had it coming sooner or later. Ryu should have knocked her out and then I wouldn't have to deal with you, Mitsune, or that Kendo bitch!" Keitaro shot back. "You three, in my opinion, are lucky that I decided to take a break. You and Motoko go on about how I should just leave this place, but I won't do that. You are the tenants and I am the landlord, so I have the say over who stays and who goes. I should have evicted the three of you months ago." Keitaro was now ranting. "You three are nothing but spoiled brats!"

"You fucking bastard!!" Naru screamed, cocking one fist back and sending it hurling toward Keitaro.

What happened next was something that Naru wasn't expecting.