Miss Me Not

"Did you see that man on the Trayvon story?" Alisha asked as you both gathered your bags. "You mean the one talkin' bout the civil war wasn't the reason for the Civil War?" you rolled your eyes as you wrapped your laptop cord around your hand. "The very same," she laughed slinging the bag over her shoulder, "I'm assuming you weren't a fan?" she jokes as you pulled the zipper closed on your bag.

"I heard the same foolishness in high school," you sighed swinging the bag onto your back, "at this point, it just rolls off." you sigh as you both begin your final trek out of the lecture hall together. "I forgot you went to that smart, white kids' school." she jokes as you climb the stairs. "Why it gotta be a white school to be for smart kids?" you frowned. "Ok, was it a black school?" she asked. "Well, no but still, there were two schools for gifted children," you responded. "Well then why didn't you go to the black one?" she stopped midway through the stairs. "I didn't get in ok," you mumbled while Alisha doubled over in laughter. "The irony of it all," she exclaimed, catching up with you on the stairs. "Shut up," you laughed, finally cracking a smile. You pushed open the door to the rest of the building and you headed down to the main lobby.

"Can you believe we graduate in a few weeks?" you sighed. "Yep, what am I gonna do without my Queenie?" Alisha sighed as you reached the front hall. "I don't know, I guess you'll have to move to LA with me?" Alisha asked again. You both stopped walking. "Li," you began. "I know, I know. You've got to keep your options open," your best friend sighed. "I'm sorry Li," you frowned. " Don't apologize girl. I'm happy for you. I'm just gonna miss you." she admitted. "What's loverboy doing here?" she questioned changing the subject. "Huh?" you turned to the hallway, where sure enough, your boyfriend was being escorted through the halls by the president of your university.

"Prince T'Challa, we are so pleased that you have decided to invest in our institution," the man spoke. "T'Challa?" you called. The young man turned to you, a smile erupting over his face. He looked handsome as ever. His sleek black suit emphasized his physique and you could already imagine his sandalwood scent as he excused himself from the president's appreciatory speech. "Entle," he grinned immediately pulling you in for a kiss. "Hello to you too," you smiled as he stepped back and grabbed your hands. "Alisha," he greeted your best friend. "Loverboy," she nodded back, smirking at his goofy grin. "What are you doing here 'Challa?" You straightened his silk tie.

"I came to see you, partly," he admitted. "I donated some money to the school as well." He shrugged. "That's so sweet." You smiled. "Nothing can be as sweet as seeing your face early in the morning," the prince began. You smiled as he leaned closer to you. "Face curled up in pleasure as you ride my di-."

"T'Challa," you swore slapping his shoulder. "There's my cue," Alisha cringed. "I'll catch up with you later Queenie," the black woman called over her shoulder. "Would you like to finish this tour with me?" He silently begged. "I don't know T'Challa. I'm pretty tired." You sighed readjusting the bag on your back. "Please, I could use an actual student's ideas on what the money should go into." He pouted. "Only if you give me a piggyback ride back to my apartment afterward." You bargained.

"Or we could ride in the car?" He offered. "No your highness, if you want my company then you'll have to work for it," you smiled. "You know. I'm sure there are plenty of other women who would be willing to accompany a prince on a tour of their institution. No questions asked."

"Well, you can go ahead and take one of those girls on a tour. But just know, you'll be going to Stark's ball alone, and girlfriendless." You stepped back from his embrace. Cocking an eyebrow you awaited his reply. He simply extended a hand. You slipped yours into his smiling as you walked back over to the waiting president. "Think about it this way, how often do you get to give your girlfriend piggyback rides when you are at home?" You laughed. "I would more often if my girlfriend would move to Wakanda with me," he began. "T'Challa," you sighed. "Can we talk about this later?" the prince nodded his head as the president resumed his speech. "Now, this building houses our social sciences, history, and language departments, along with our writing programs." The president explained as she led you all through the various halls. "What do you think needs fixing in this building entle?" the prince asked as you strolled through the halls.