The Castle Of Time

The moon laid low in the sky, its silvery-red glow bathing the ancient castle. Vines crawled up its walls and cracks formed in the weathered stone. From the outside it was abandoned, left to be reclaimed by time and nature. But inside, it lived. It sang, it danced, it laughed, it loved, it breathed. It lived.

In the empty hallways ran children, giggling and playing. Their was hair wild and unkempt, their nightclothes wrinkled and mussed up. If you listen carefully you'll hear their laughter, like a thousand tinkling bells. But don't look too hard, they are easily frightened.

On some balconies sat old couples, hand in hand even after so many years. On others stood young lads and lassies, waiting for their lovers to come, gazing with longing in their hearts and want in their eyes. You may hear their songs and see their love, but say nothing, for they are deaf to all.

In the theater danced a lone ballerina, performing for an audience long gone. Take care, and you may hear the swell of the music as she swoops and curves to the melody of the night. An ancient song, as old as time and twice as loved, it hums in the theater, guiding the ballerina's movements. You may watch, you may listen, but take care not to touch. They are fragile.

Ghosts of the past, the present, and the future lived and loved in the ancient castle. The ghosts called it their home, and would forevermore.

The moon hung high I the sky, it's silvery-red light blanketing the night. Wind caressed the walls of the ancient castle. The castle that held the past, that holds the present, and will hold the future. The castle of time.