Chapter 1: Field Trip

(Reader P.O.V)

You are getting on the bus with your two best friends (F/N) and (F/N)

To go to some seemingly boring museum of technology and gadgets or something ,you didn't care about going but all you had on your mind was one thing.

Wordgirl

You loved that show so much as a child.And looking back as a teenager you don't love it any less as you did in the past! You had everything Wordgirl related, Wordgirl comics, posters wallpaper ,anything people could think of you had it Wordgirl themed! QUIET DOWN! The teacher shouted, her name was Mrs (T/N) She wasn't a nice teacher.You and (T/N) have had some beef for a while you don't really know why she hates you so much but you assume it has to do with your obsession with Wordgirl. We arrived to the museum of technology and gadgets "alright students I want you all on your BEST behavior" Mrs (T/N) gave you a mean glare.We walked past some gadgets majority of the kids were fascinated with all the technology they were witnessing before them.Then you and the class came to a halt, And a man with brown hair curled up in a Swirlish design with a lab coat in a wheelchair with a monkey on his shoulder."good evening students I am Professor Robert Tubing and this is my assistant monkey Bosco" The name rang a huge bell, you tried to remember where you heard that name before and then you looked up his name and then that's when it hit you

Professor Robert Tubing

Wordgirl fandom.com

It couldn't be him! You pulled up images of the character and held it up to him, they looked way too similar, same hairstyle, same wheelchair, even same monkey! He went behind his desk to show your class the inventions he's been working on all of them were very boring to you except one that looked very bizarre you looked at it until you realized what it was

A slingshot

"Ah my my see This fine invention is one that has not a name but its concept is a wonder to behold! Imagine a device that can take you to any dimension your heart and soul desires! It can be real, it can be fiction and I assure you it exists!" the whole class including your friends looked in awe, but you on the other hand were completely shocked on what he has just announced Anywhere?! So the rest of the class moved along while you and your two friends stood behind with you "don't worry guys you can keep moving i'll catch up!" they gave you worried looks.You walked up to the Professor and asked "are you from here?" he gave a questioning look at you "pardon?" you respond "you heard what i said. Are you from here?" he said "yes yes i am from here very happy here in America!" you gave him a suspicious look "where are you Really from?" he gave a semi annoyed response back "I told you i'm from U.S.A!" you wanted answers "w-what city?" he gave a very worried look and tried to change the topic and fast "oh dear you should really catch up with your class! I can barely see them!" he gave a nervous chuckle. It's been nice chatting with you T-thanks for being so interested in my projects and work!" you were not having it, you wanted answers and you wanted them fast! You gave him a stare and he gave you a serious look in return but that was not the main reason you stared at him it was for the invention the one that caught your attention the most The slingshot.

(Profesor P.O.V)

W-who was that girl and why was she so interested in my personal information?! And why was she giving the slingshot special looks? Bosco was helpful as always and trying to help me with my emotions and thoughts ,I was trying not to freak out so I did the responsible thing and contacted one of my newly closest allies Becky Botsford A.K.A the vocabulary master herself

Wordgirl.

I gave her a call and she responded immediately "hello this is the Wordgirl hotline"

I gave her a relieved response back "H-hello Wordgirl Tubing here" she looked very happy "Tubing! Hey! It's been a while since that fight with Two-Brains! It's been a month already?! Wow ,time goes by fast! So...what's up?" "Listen, Wordgirl," I began. " I'm here in the 3rd dimension and things here are very interesting! Not a single villain, no superheroes either!" and everything looks very weird here and...there's a girl I met today..and she is a bit concerning" W.G was trying to grasp everything i was throwing at her "what is it about this...kid..that freaks you out?" I tried to explain in my best way "she....she asked me where i lived..." Wordgirl gave a confused look "what is that weird? I mean yeah it's stalkerish but how does that leave you perplexed?" "she kept trying to get into details about where I live, I successfully changed the subject but she gave me and my invention a look" Wordgirl jolted at the word "invention"

"What creation did you build this time doc?" she had a curious look on her face "it's a slingshot like device that allows the user to teleport to any dimension they want and i'm pretty sure that girl wants the device for herself so i must keep an extra eye on her,to make sure she doesnt do anything fishy" I decided that it's been quite a while since i came back to fair city so it's finally time to go back....