[ n i n e ]

someone explain me when this story became so popular please

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter nine
THE PERFECT NUMBER
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter nineTHE PERFECT NUMBER└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

HARPER WAS FURIOUS. After Peter forced her to hide behind a building while the gigantic lizard escaped, all the fear and the adrenaline inside her body transformed into rage.

"Okay," said Peter as he panted, trying to refocus. "Okay, uhm, are you okay?"

As soon as he looked at her though his Spider-man mask, she hurried to hit him on the shoulder.

"Ouch! Wha— What was that for?"

She knew that under the mask he was making his sad and hurt golden retriever puppy face, and she was glad the fabric was covering it.

"You are Spider-man!?"

"We are still on that."

"Yes! Yes we are still on that! We will not be over that in a while now. All this time you were spider-man and... I can't even look at you right now."

"Well, you aren't looking at me. You are looking at Spider-man. The mask, you see, is... the..."

She was not having it.

"Harper..."

Harper took off her shoes and began walking away, preferring to walk barefoot than letting Peter take her to her house.

"Harps, hey," he called her as he followed her. "Can we talk? Please?"

"I need to get home."

"You are going to walk ten blocks in the middle of the night all by yourself? You know that's incredibly dangerous."

"Good thing we have Spider-man stopping crime in New York, right?"

Peter took off the mask and stood in front of Harper, stopping her abruptly. Harper had no other choice but to look at him. Peter. The guy she was thinking she had feelings for, the guy that came to mind as soon as she got the invites for the gala, the guy that has been in her mind for the past few weeks just itching. It was him. The guy.

But she was hurt.

"Harper, let me just take you home."