Chapter 13

2017

0 DAYS, 1 HOUR, 48 MINUTES

"It's Teagan" sambit ni Megan at lumingon kay Sage na ngayon ay sinusuot ang coat niya.

"Ang sabi niya mayroon daw mga gang na aatend sa La Prima Hotel. They're after that video."

"Sinabi niya ba kung nasaan siya?"

"No," Megan sounds oddly out of breath. "By the way, the superintendent is asking for you."

"The Superintendent?" Tumango si Megan at sabay silang pumunta ng parking lot at pumasok sa kotse nito.

"Hindi nila tutulungan si Teagan ng walang nakukuhang information tugkol sa gangs. Teagan says, that he says he needs our help. He's asking for you. Please just come." Sambit ni Megan habang nagda-drive. When they already arrive at the station, Sage rush in with his head is aching at his heart is pounding on his chest. He remembers Teagan, a day ago, saying "I'll fix it". He recalls how the entire night felt like it was on the point of crashing, and how afraid he has been of what Teagan will do since that night. Teagan had already said that he would not be working the case. Why did he call them now?

In the station, he saw the Extraordinary Crime Division is busy working. Megan is at the computers, tracing Teagan's location using the cell phone towers. Mackenzie is hunched over a desk, making calls to the officers stationed in the Wingston. Chief Jackson paces around, and the Superintendent sits in a chair, observing the CCTV feeds of the La Prima Hotel.

Nang makita ni Megan si Sage ay agad nitong binigay ang isang ear-piece sa kanya.

"He's only going to talk to you, Sage." Sambit nito.

"Nasaan siya?" Nagpapanic na tanong ni Sage.

"What's he—" in order to cut him off, the Superintendent puts his hand up.

"Sabihin mo sa lalaking 'yon na tutulungan lang natin siya kung makukuha niya ang mga pangalan ng mga nandoon." Sambit ng superintendent.

"That could put him in danger." Galit na sambit ni Sage.

"He already agreed to provide us the names if we send help. I want them now. Tell him I want to know who's in that hotel before I send my men to him." Mas lalong kumulo ang dugo ni Sage sa kanyang narinig.

"Ano?! We can't just ask him to go in there and find out who's there. Hindi natin pwedeng—"

"Isang siyang criminal informant, Jimenez. Getting information is his job and our protection is the reward" Sambit ni Chief Jackson sa kanya.

The Superintendent nods. "Give the names, and then we do what he wants us to do. Talk to him."

Sage grits his teeth. Nanginginig ang kamay nito nang hawakan nito ang ear-pierce. Nag-aalalang tinignan ito ni Mackenzie habang si Megan naman ay tinanguan lang si Sage.

"Hello" bati ni Sage sa kabilang linya.

It takes a few seconds of silence before Teagan responds.

"Kuya Sage?" His voice is shaking and he sounds weak. Fear cashes down Sage's spine.

"Hey. Hi, it's me. Nasaan ka Teagan?" he says.

"Outside this hotel. I told—I told Miss Megan that.... I need help."

Sage shifts his gaze to Chief Jackson. The man gives Sage a weird urgent wave with his hand as if telling Sage to get it over with. "Listen to me, Teagan," Sage says, carefully while he's trying to not crack his voice. "We're going to send you some help, okay? D-do you know who's in the building? Sabi ng Section Chief ay ibibigay mo raw ang mga pangalan nila."