Josie's POV

A few months had passed since Hope, and I had secretly started hanging out with one another. Hope's sign language improved significantly. She would study with Freya then study with me throughout our time together. We would share a meal, run throughout the city, gaze at the stars together, or just sit together staring into each other's eyes. I tried to work up the courage to tell Hope that I liked her, but I'd always just chicken out and change the subject.

"What's on your mind, Josie?" I turned to the older woman. Nothing... I'm just thinking about how much fun I've had with you these past months. Hope smiled. "I've had fun too." Hope took my hand in hers; my heart started racing as I could feel my breath catching in my throat. We both started to lean towards each other when my phone went off.

"Josie, you need to get back to the compound we're being attacked!" I heard my sister's voice yelling through the phone. I hung up and turned t face Hope. I have to go. Lizzie's in trouble, I signed.

"Go, save your sister." Hope nodded. I ran off towards the compound. As I reached the compound, I heard gunshots quickly made my way into the secret tunnel. I pulled my pistol from its holster and cocked it back. I slowly lifted the trapdoor, and a person bearing an enemy outfit stood with their back turned to me. I aimed and fired my gun, the person dropping dead to the floor. I glanced at my phone that was tracking the necklace my sister wore. As I moved through the hallways, I met more enemies but quickly disposed of them.

"Lizzie!" I heard MG's scream from the throne room. Fear taking over, I burst through the door. I rolled against the ground shooting someone to my left, then I turned and took out the person to my right. My heart dropped as I saw MG holding Lizzie in his arms, blood pooling around them. I rushed over to my sister's side and took her hand in my own.

"Josie?" my sister said weakly; I squeezed her hand, letting her know I was here. Tears were streaming from my eyes.

"Who was it?" I played the message already typed into my phone. MG's eyes darkened "it was the crescent pack," he said bitterly. No, I thought she wouldn't, or would she. All I knew was that I needed answers, but first, I needed to save my sister. I reached into my pocket and took out a potion. MG sent me a questioning look. I gave him a look that said, trust me, and helped my twin drink down the liquid. Lizzie slipped into unconsciousness, but the gunshot wound in her chest began to close. MG moved Lizzie to her bed and closed the door.

"What did you give her?" Mg asked. A potion that accelerates healing, I signed.

"You can't trust Hope anymore, Josie, not after what she did to Lizzie," MG said. I'm not so sure this was her idea. "How do you know?" the curly-haired man asked doubtfully. This doesn't seem like her style. Also, she seemed to know nothing about the attack when we were hanging out earlier. MG rolled his eyes "you do know she could be lying." I grew angry. You don't know her like I do, I argued back. "Oh yeah, you've only seen a small part of her. Everyone has a dark side to them, Josette." I hated when he called me that. I will take you to talk to her if that will make you feel better. "It would," MG retorted. I nodded, and we left for the Mikaelson compound.