Hope's POV

I returned to the Mikaelson compound to find a very strange sight. Many of the wolves looked like they were injured. Minor scrapes and bruises but still visible. I approached the throne room where Rafael and Ethan were in the middle of an argument.

"How could you be so stupid, Machado?" Raf yelled at him, crossing his arms across his chest. Ethan rolled his eyes.

"You mean genius I took out one of the twins that has to have weakened the Parker Twins," Ethan argued back. My eyes widened, was that what was happening when Josie left? I asked myself. I decided that now was a good time to make my presence known. I stepped out of the shadows. Raf's eyes widened but Ethan hadn't noticed.

"What in the fuck did you do?" I asked Ethan. Ethan turned around slowly, his cocky demeanor being replaced by fear.

"I- uh" Ethan stuttered. I crossed my arms across my chest despite being shorter than the boy in front of me. My presence was that of a giant.

"You what?" I ushered Ethan.

"I took out one of the leaders of the Parker Twins." He muttered.

"Uh-huh, and did you get approval for your mission?" He looked down.

"No," he muttered.

"Speak up I can't hear you" I ordered the wolf.

"No," he said louder.

"Raf take him to the cells, I will deal with him later." I rubbed my forehead. How was I going to clear this up with Josie? I walked to my room and I felt something was off. I put my hand on my gun concealed in my jacket. I upholstered it, pointing it at a shadowy figure standing before the window.

"Hope, it's Josie, don't shoot" the automated phone voice rang out. I flipped on the lights and sure enough, the brunette was standing in front of the window. I reupholstered my weapon.

"Jo if this is about Lizzie-" I began. Then another person came through the window. This is MG, a friend, and member of our mafia. Josie signed MG wants an explanation of what happened. I nodded my head. MG crossed his arms.

"So" he gestured for me to speak.

"I was away from the compound and behind my back, a member of the mafia decided to stage an attack on your compound. When I returned I was made aware of the situation and currently, the dumbass who is responsible is in the holding cell." I explain

MG turns to Josie and starts signing. I can only catch small parts of the conversation like "believe" and "not sure". I was hoping that MG was convinced. Josie signed back to him in a way that I knew from our time together was her arguing with the curly-haired boy. After going back and forth a couple of times they turned to face me.

"Josie has convinced me that you are telling the truth." MG sighs.

"The traitor is yours to do with as you please." MG nods in appreciation. He leaves to retrieve Ethan. What were you talking about? I sign to Josie.

He was asking me if I believed you were telling the truth. She replied.

Do you? I ask. Josie gives me a "Are you serious" look.

Of course, I believe you. One you were with me when the attack started. Two you seemed very surprised by the fact that there was an attack. And three I know it's not your style.

I smiled. The brunette took my hand.

"I know we are supposed to be enemies, but I have never been able to be myself with anyone else before," I told her truthfully. "You probably should go find MG" I was reluctant to let her go, but I knew if we stayed together for too long. Josie nods her head and turns to leave. Until next time? I nodded. She smiled and left my room. I sighed, exhausted from having to think about what had just happened. Why did I tell her that? I thought in my head. There is no way I was going to get any sleep.