Chapter 3 - They?

Living with mostly boys isn't easy. Especially when most of them were siblings.
Mylo and Powder always get on each other's nerves leaving me and Claggor to clean up their messes and arguments. Ekko is getting a little mature and is insisting on doing more for the people under Silco's power. The ones forced to work for him but we aren't anywhere near protected enough or ready for such things. Mylo is getting better at expressing himself and is watching me paint a lot, it is some sort of comfort for him.
Claggor is getting taller and obviously smarter. He has started looking into making weapons, armory, things to protect our home. Powder is rowdy and chaotic but Ekko seems to keep her grounded. Ekko had started calling me his older siblings a few months after I first let them stay here. Now it has been almost two years.

The painting of their family got done last year and we continued searching for Vi but nothing could be found. She was gone, And Mylo took it very bad when we gave up on searching for her last year.
It's clear he genuinely cares for his family even though he isn't the best at showing it. He's snarky and quick witted but not good at expressing himself but we're working on it.

I felt him sit down beside me as I was sketching on a piece of paper. "Is that your mother?" He asked and I nodded, keeping my eyes on the sketch as I drew in her finishing features. "Yeah, it's been a while since I saw her in person but this is as good as my memory of her gets" I replied with a soft smile as I turned my head towards him. He smiled "well from what I can tell, she's beautiful" he told me as I ripped off the page and stood up. I carefully made my way over to the wall I had almost completely filled with sketches and paintings. I pinned it to the wall with a cushion needle. "Wanna come with me to the markets?" I asked turning to him. He stood up and grinned with a nod. "Sure but this time let's get something extra for Ekko. He seems a bit down lately" he said as we started walking out. I nodded as we left the room to see Ekko braiding Powders hair.

They were around twelve maybe thirteen now? It was weird how much they changed over a mere two years. Ekko's hair was longer, resting on his shoulders in neat dreadlocks I had fixed. Since literally none of us knew how to take care of black hair, Mylo robbed a bookstore up in piltover and got a book on how to do it. I learnt and now his hair is fully restored and graceful, there were even a few braids in it. Powders hair grew rapidly over the two years, now falling slightly down her back and often in a tight braid that Ekko made.

"Hey! We're heading to the markets, don't get into any trouble while we're gone! Claggors in charge!" I shouted over to them. They nodded and soon me and Mylo were walking down the roads of Zaun.

Not long after I had let them stay here they had gotten new clothes, Mylo now wore a white shirt with pink and blue flowers stitched into the bottom of it. Powder had done that while he was sleeping. He also had a thick brown hoodie and deep brown pants that had his name stitched in yellow at the bottom left leg so Powder would stop stealing them. He also had a necklace I made for him last year, it was a metal flower with a yellow crystal like big in the middle and it was on a thin metal chain. He only seemed to take it off while we were sleeping, but he also had started letting me take care of his hair like I did with Powder Ekko and Claggor. Brushing it in the start was hard. Messy and filled with knots but after a lot of brushing and a bit of cutting it was slightly shorter and a lot better. He liked the new style but grew out the sides by his ears slightly, I had started braiding one side of them aswell but he didn't mind.

"Y/n!" I suddenly got pulled out of my train of thought. I looked up to see Mylo with a worried look "are you alright?" He asked "yeah sorry I just spaced out" I smiled at him and he hummed, conerned but deciding on leaving it alone for now. "Look!" He said and pulled me over to one of the market tables. I saw a dark brown hoodie almost identical to Mylo's. 'Very cheap' the sign on it said. "How much for this?" I asked the woman selling it, knowing I needed new clothes anyways. The woman turned to me, her eyes pitch black and dark skin with puffy Afro hair tied into a bun with a bow. She smiled at me. "Whatever you can give me. I'm desperate" she smiled sadly at me. I looked over to see a few beige white shirts aswell.