8

Dave
It's been two full weeks since Wynter left my home and I haven't heard from her. I began to hit the gym and put on more muscle so I could be ready for Championship Best of Seven. I truly did miss Wynter like hell, but I wasn't going to chase someone who didn't want to be chased.

Thanks to my teammates we are heading to the Championship Game. My game has been off however. I've been through some shit but nothing that's ever distracted me from what I do on the court. My last game was the worst of my career. I didn't make a single shot. I know I have to live up to the price tag that the Grizzlies paid for me.

I would deal with her once this is over with. I thought about a million ways to get back into her orbit but what I realized she needed was time. Time away from me to decide if this is what she really wants. I've made it clear to her that I want to be with her despite her past but she can't seem to get that through that through her head.

Secretly since the incident I've hired a security detail to trail Wynter for her own safety. I let it be known that I don't want them reporting to me her day-to-day activities I just want to make sure she's safe I'm still worried about safety.

My boys hit me up and asked me did I want to go out tonight and I thought why not. I needed to do something to get her off my fucking mind.

Wynter
Since storming out on Dave I haven't been the same. I've been sick to my fucking stomach because I missed him so much but I didn't know how to express it. I haven't even had sex. Usually, I could get over a man by getting under another one but I couldn't bring myself to be intimate with anyone else. Since settling that big case I have enough savings to last me for at least five years so I decided to take a short sabbatical from working.

I don't know if that was a good idea however because instead of drowning myself in work, I was drowning myself in liquor. I've regressed and totally lost myself. I know better but at the moment I'm choosing not to do better because I want the painful memory of what happened to me that day to go away. As much as I pretend it didn't impact me it did. My promiscuity has caught up to me. That man actually thought that it was okay to do that because "he heard about me."

Dave
My boys and I decided to hit up a club in South Memphis called Trio. It's a nice spot where I wouldn't have to worry about being seen unless I wanted to.

"She's probably thinking about you as much as you are thinking about her" Ahmad my homeboy since college stated.

"Yeah, that nigga head is gone" Tyler laughed.

"I'm good I'm thinking about something else" I lied.

"Whatever nigga you're thinking about Wynter. It's okay I felt the same way when Angel and I started dating" Terrell interjected.

"I am not thinking about that woman" I lied again.

"Who is Wynter?" a female voice stated. I recognized the voice immediately and turned to see Taria, my ex, looking me dead on.

"Nobody you need to be concerned about" I stated.

This is not what I needed right now.

"Ay, Taria don't come over here with that shit we're just here trying to have a good time" Ahmad stated.

"Oh, excuse me I'm not trying to ruin your fun but I already heard he was dating the most famous hoe in Memphis" she laughed.

At that moment my face went from contempt to shock when I saw a hand grab Taria's blonde hair.

"A hoe that will drag you if I ever hear my name come out of your mouth again" Wynter stated. "Don't let these degrees fool you I'm still from the very hood you in right now, bitch."

Wynter is from South Memphis so I'm not surprised that I ran into her here this is her stomping ground but I wasn't expecting to see her tonight.

Wynter let her hair go and as quickly as she came, she had gone. I hopped up to follow her and caught a glimpse of her as she made her way through the crowd. She was easy to spot because she had on a vibrant red blouse that she paired with dark denim that accentuated her curves, and a pair of patent leather black Louboutin's. She looked great.

She moved quickly but I was able to catch her as soon as she hit the door.

"We need to talk"

"There isn't anything to talk about Dave"

"Yes, there is Wynter. I'm not letting you leave until we talk"

Wynter attempted to formulate a reply but at that moment I noticed that she could barely keep her balance in her heels. She was flat out drunk.

"How much have you had to drink?" I asked.

"Mind your business Dave" she slurred.

"You are my business, give me your keys. Are you here alone?"

"Yes, and I'm just fine to drive home Dave."

I didn't let her finish her statement. I grabbed her Chanel clutch and fumbled through it until I found her keys. I texted Terrell and let him know I was leaving with Wynter. I used her keyless entry to locate her vehicle and ushered her towards it. Once I got her inside, I buckled her seat belt and headed to the driver side.

"I didn't need this I could handle myself" Wynter yelled.

"Handle yourself? Really Wynter you are sloppy drunk you can barely keep your fucking balance!!!"

"I am fine!!"

"No you are not!!!! I don't know what the fuck has gotten into you but you need to cut this shit out. You could hurt yourself or someone else driving in that condition Wynter and you know it."

I guess my words marinated because she started to cry.

"Baby, I...."

"Don't baby me! You don't know what it feels like to be me Dave it's a terrible feeling! My promiscuity led to that incident and it is affecting me deeply and I don't know what to do about it! I'm not working right now because I wanted to get myself together but all I've done is drink and fall apart!"

"Wynter, I can't love you out of this. You need help. I'm going to find you a reputable therapist to assist you with processing your trauma. I'm sure that incident in that plaza is affecting you but there are some deeper issues you aren't talking about. You don't have to talk to me about them but if you want to talk to me about it, I don't mind listening."

"You'll judge me"

I glanced briefly at Wynter. I pulled over and grabbed her chin and turned her head to face me "No I won't, tell me baby tell me what's led to this."

"My uncle...he raped me. It started when I was six and happened until I was sixteen, I haven't told a soul and him and my aunt are still married."

I don't know what I expected Wynter to say but it wasn't that.

"Wynter, tell me what I can do to fix this and help you feel better" I said empathetically.

"I think therapy is good starting point for now" she stated in a low tone.