33

where did it go wrong?

sunghoon feels numb. jake's still standing far from him, as if he doesn't want to get close to him.

"was it all a lie then? when you said that you like me?" sunghoon asked, taking a step towards jake.

jake shook his head, struggling to find an answer. he stepped back, but sunghoon was quick to take another step closer to him.

"it's not like that-"

"then what is it? is there a problem?" he tries to grab jake's hand but the other just avoids his touch.

this is too much pain for me. "jake, please- just tell me what's wrong-"

"nothing's wrong." sunghoon almost scoffed. nothing's wrong, but why is he acting like he doesn't want to be near me?

"then why are you suddenly drifting away from me? why are you putting distance between us?"

it started raining, and for the first time- jake's thankful that the rain started pouring. because he doesn't know how long he can hide the tears that's been rolling down his cheeks. finally, i can cry without him noticing.

"i don't know what you're talking about." he denied, even though it's really obvious how he acts in front of the guy.

sunghoon feels frustrated. he doesn't even feel the coldness of the rain. "yunie, stop playing dumb. you can be honest with me."

jake shook his head. "i told you, i can't." he breathe heavily. this whole situation is too much for him. it's painful- too painful, that it feels suffocating.

i need to go. "i have to go now, i'm sorry." sunghoon didn't respond, he's just looking at him.

jake sighed. he was about to turn around and walk away but sunghoon grabbed his arm.

"you won't even let me drive you home?" his voice was now hoarse.

jake closed his eyes. no, i won't let you. because if you did that, i won't probably be able to stop myself. i might give in and just change my mind.

sunghoon gives up. at this point, he knows that the guy has made up his mind. although he doesn't know why jake's acting like this, he still respects his decision. i'll just wait for him to tell me his reason.

he lets go of jake's arm and takes off his jacket- putting it on jake's shoulders.

"atleast wear this. you'll get a cold at this rate."

jake almost sobbed again, but he bit his lip to stop himself from doing so. "t-thank you. i'll go now, i hope i'll see you soon."

++++++++++

[ dongkyu 🐻 ]

jake:
daniel?
are you busy?

dongkyu 🐻:
not really
why?

jake:
can you pick me up rn? i'll send you my location

dongkyu 🐻:
sure
but aren't you with sunghoon?
everything ok?

jake:
yeah
thanks

+++++++++

"jake? why are you standing in the middle of the rain?" daniel quickly went out of his car when he saw jake waiting on the side of the road.