36

"this is a joke right?"

geonu stared at him with disbelief. jake just finished explaining his situation but his best friend seemed to find it unbelievable.

"jake, tell me you're not really leaving," geonu went closer to him and started hitting his shoulder. "this isn't some telenovela shit you dumbass!"

"i'm leaving in four days-"

"four?! now that's just bullshit. i'm not falling into your prank." jake sighed when he saw tears forming on geonu's eyes.

he pats his head, trying to calm him. "don't cry, dumbass."

"but i don't want you to leave," his best friend wipes his tears with his hand. "can't you just stay? i promise i won't ask answers from you anymore."

he laughed softly. "i can't, i already told my grandfather that i'll go with him."

"i don't care about that old man, he deserves to eat grass." geonu pouted while crossing his arms. he sat on the floor, looking devastated.

i'm gonna miss this guy. jake sat beside him, letting his head fall on geonu's shoulder.

"what about your studies? are you really going to study law? i know you're smart, but that sounds so awful." geonu mumbled.

"i don't know, i guess i'm gonna find out once we get there."

"what did jaehyuk say? did he just let you do that for him? he should've tried to talk to your grandfather or atleast persuade him," his friend asked more.

he shook his head. "he said he's sorry that he put me in this situation. but to be honest, it was my decision. i want him to atleast have some freedom."

geonu chuckled, "what about yours then? are you okay with leaving everything, in exchange for your brother's happiness?"

jake closed his eyes. yes, i'm okay with that. my parents would want him to stay, not me. he's more important.

"and you're okay with leaving sunghoon?"

no. i don't want to leave him. "i already left him. i broke his heart."

the other just looked at him. "remember when i told you that it's always the smart ones who get stupid when it comes to love? yeah, you're the perfect example."

he rolled his eyes. they both stood up and went back to the living room. geonu gives him a look before staring at the couch in front of them.

"i was planning on sleeping here. can you atleast take back your bed? i don't wanna sleep on the floor." geonu grunted as he laid on the couch.

jake shrugged. he was suppose to go home earlier, but he didn't want to stay there. he prefers to sleep in his apartment, even if it's now mostly empty.

"ah! i've got an idea," geonu grabbed his phone and started typing something.

++++++++++

《 hanbin hyung's cult 》

geonuyah:
GUYS
GUYSSSS LET'S HAVE A SLEEPOVER
HURRY UP Y'ALL

wonnie:
?????
what's going on

sunooshi:
like rn?

hanbinjjang:
what's happening

geonuyah:
LET'S HAVE A SLEEPOVER RN
pls pls pls pls