39

5 years later ; brisbane, australia

jake huffed in annoyance as he finally finished the five cases that was assigned to him. he's been staring at his laptop for almost 12 hours and all these words are now making him nauseous.

i need a break. he grabbed his coat and proceeded to go out of his office, holding his coffee in one hand.

"yunie!"

he almost froze when he heard that nickname. he gripped the coffee cup tighter, trying to calm himself.

"yunie! how's your internship going? mine sucks, professor sanchez is really boring. thank goodness it'll be over next week." he stared at the guy in front of him.

"ej, can you please tone down your voice? i'm not deaf. also, i told you to stop calling me yunie. it's not cute."

ej just chuckled and ignored his demands like he was used to it. this stubborn kid.

even though his grandfather told him that he can choose what he wants, jake insisted on taking up law. he knew how difficult it is, and somehow that was the perfect distraction that he needed.

jake knew ej when he first entered law school. he was the only one who had the guts and the audacity to talk to him, even though jake really didn't want to meet new friends.

ej was persistent on trying to get closer to jake, and he even helped him in adjusting with the classes and environment. he was there when jake was feeling lonely and missing his friends, and ej saw how he struggled with it.

in the end, jake just got used to him being around. now that they're interns, ej still manages to go and visit him on the law firm everyday.

"yunie is cute though? besides, i like calling you by that name."

that nickname reminds me of him...

jake shakes the thought off his head. it's been too long now, he should've stopped thinking about it.

"ah, by the way," ej took out his phone and showed him something. "i finally booked us a flight to korea!"

ah, right. he told ej last time to buy him a ticket, because he wants to see his family and friends. since his internship is ending, he has the time to go home.

last year, jaehyuk actually visited him to personally say sorry and have the chance to talk to their grandfather. they're all doing great now, and jaehyuk is currently taking up creative arts.

his eyebrows furrowed. "what do you mean, us?"

"obviously, i'll go with you! since my parents have also been asking me to visit them, i think it's about time i go home."

jake nodded. well, it's a good thing that ej will be with him. atleast he won't be feeling lonely when he travels.

i'm planning on visiting them too, it's been a long time. i wonder how much they've changed?

also... will i meet him again?

++++++++

《 geonuyah 》

jake:
geonuuuuu
how are you?
it's been a while ☺️☺️

geonuyah:
JAKE OMG WTF
WDYM IT'S BEEN A WHILE
BITCH ITS BEEN YEARS
anyways yeah i'm doing great 😌
it's been so long since you've messaged me 😭
i thought you forgot about me already