35

[ jaehyuk ]

jaehyuk:
jake, bad news
old man is here and he's calling us all for a dinner
i think he's mad about something
can you come here?
i'm scared.

+++++++++

back when jake was still a kid, he used to like hanging out with his family— especially with his brother, jaehyuk.

but as they grow up, he watched as his brother struggle to meet their family's expectations. later on, he realized that it wasn't easy being the oldest child. i was really thankful on being born the second.

his family doesn't have any problem, but if people would ask the sim brothers which family member they don't like— one thing is for sure; their answer would be the same.

the old man, their grandfather.

so when jake received a text from his brother— he didn't hesitate to cancel his suppose to be date with sunghoon.

my brother might be annoying, but i would help him in a heartbeat. and that's because jake knows that compared to him, jaehyuk can't handle things on his own. between the two of them, jake's more tough and composed.

although it was against his will, he left sunghoon and drove back to his parents' house to check on the problem that jaehyuk is talking about.

"oh, what a surprise! i didn't know you'll be home today, but this is great!" jake almost rolled his eyes when his mother opened the door for him while grinning.

"hi mom, where's hyung?" he paused when he saw his grandfather sitting on his favorite chair, his eyes fixed on jake.

jake cleared his throat. "good afternoon, grandpa." he went closer to greet the man.

"it's nice seeing you, jaeyun." his grandfather gave him a little smile.

he nodded while smiling back. "it's also great to see you grandpa, it's been a while."

he looked around just to see jaehyuk coming down the stairs, his face was trying to hide his nervousness.

jake shook his head and focused his attention to his father who just arrived. the guy walked towards jake with a grin.

"i'm finally seeing my youngest son again. it's been a long time since you visited this home, i'm glad you're here."

yeah, i went here a lot of times though but you were busy so you probably didn't notice.

"thanks dad, i'm happy that i'm home too."

+++++++++

"so, how's your studies?" his grandfather suddenly asked as they ate their dinner.

can i eat first? jake put down his chopsticks. "all's fine, i guess. there's no problem and i think i'm doing great."

jaehyuk was beside him, his mother and father sat across them while the old man was sitting in the middle.

"how's your grades? let me check on them later."

"sure, grandpa. my grades are the same anyways," he forced a smile and went back to eating. he really didn't care about his grades, and he already knew that his grandfather would check them. it's always been like that when he's around.

"jaeyun even stayed on his apartment during the summer break to study. it's a shame he wasn't here to attend our family gathering last time." his mother brought up the topic.