Day 10

Once everyone else was awake we got dressed and headed for breakfast, we were having breakfast this morning with Max and Neil, much to my disappointment.

My outfit

We all walked over to the restaurant for breakfast, Penelope and I walking slightly behind the others

"You know you were right, you get you're I told you so moment." Penelope said. "What do you mean?" I asked looking at her. "Robbie, he's a dick and you were right. When I got there last night he was having sex with that Vivian woman, clearly Billy's dropped her because of you so she's moved onto someone else." Penelope said wiping a stray tear.

"Oh Penelope I'm so sorry, I didn't want to be right." I said to her. "No it's fine, it's me that should apologise I was horrible to you yesterday, I shouldn't have said what I said." She replied.

"You're forgiven." I said to her and we hugged then carried on walking towards the restaurant. We sat down with Max and Neil and ordered our food.

"Mo Pressmans wallet was stolen last night, it was in his jacket pocket at 1:30 but when he checked again at 3:00 it, was, missing." Neil said dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

"Vivian thinks she remembers this dance kid Billy walking by, so we ask him, do you have an alibi, he says he was in his room all night reading." Max said and I suddenly began listening when Billy's name was mentioned, I was with him last night that's why he couldn't tell them.

"There are no books in Billy's room." Neil said. "There's been a mistake I know Billy didn't do it." I said to Neil. "There's been similar thefts at the Sheldrake and it's happened here before-" Neil claimed before I interrupted him. "I know he didn't do it." I said but Neil just told me to stay out of it.

Penelope looked at me knowing that I was with him last night. Max stood up and went to tell some people that they couldn't move tables so I went round to my father and spoke to him.

"Dad I need you're help, I know Billy didn't take Mos wallet I know," dad asked me how I knew and I told him I couldn't tell him. "I'm sorry Nova I can't." Dad said and Max came back over.

"Mr Kellerman look maybe Billy didn't do it, you know I've seen that little old couple hanging around with a few wallets." I said. "Do not go around accusing innocent people Nova." Dad said raising his voice.

"Come on Neil, you'll experience what it's like to fire an employee." Mr Kellerman said looking at Neil. I knew that I had to come clean now to save Billy's job.

"Wait Mr Kellerman wait, I know Billy didn't take the wallet because he was in his room all night, and I know because, because I was with him." I said being unable to even look at my father.

After that i left table shortly followed by Penelope her and I talked for a while before she want back to the cabin and I went to find my father who was sat on a chair under the canopy.

"I told you I was telling the truth, I'm sorry I lied to you, but you lied too, you told me everyone was alike and deserved a fair break but you meant everyone who was like you, you told me you wanted me to change the world, make it better, but you meant by becoming a lawyer or an economist, and marrying someone from Harvard, I'm not proud of myself but I'm in this family too and you can't keep giving me the silent treatment, there are a lot of things about me that aren't what you thought, but if you love me you have to love all the things about me, and I love you, and I'm sorry I let you down, but you let me down too dad." I said beginning to cry and seeing as he was still ignoring me I walked away.

I decided to go to the barn where Billy and I rehearsed. Without knowing I must of fell asleep because the next thing I knew Billy was waking me up.

"I have been looking for you everywhere. They found the Schumachers. Fingerprinted their water glasses found out there wanted in Arizona, Florida and they made a fortune here this summer.

"So then it's alright-" I stood up and went in to hug Billy before he said, "I'm out Nova." My face dropped. "So they fired you anyway because of me, so I did it for nothing I hurt my family, you lost your job anyway I did it for nothing!" I said angrily walking away from him.

"No, not for nothing Nova, nobody has ever done anything like that for me before." Billy said and walked over to me.

I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his bag. I began to cry knowing that I would have to be here without him which was something I wasn't ready for.

Billy told me that he had to leave tomorrow so I decided to stay with him tonight not caring what my parents thought.

It was nice for it to be just the two of us with no time limit, I had no where to be so I could just be with him all night.