O N E

Beep, Beep, Beep

I struggle to get out of bed.

5:43 am

Why would I get up this early?

Oh my God!

It's the first day of high school. This should be a wild ride. I run to my sister, Faith's room. I slam the door open and jump onto her bed.

"Faith, it's the first day of school" I say.

She doesn't wake up. I hesitate but slap her across the face.

"WHAT THE HELL!" She yells.

"It's the first day of school." I shakily say.

She pushes me onto the ground and I land on my butt. I grunt. She runs straight to the bathroom. I hear her cussing through the door.

For me and Faith school is shit. We hate it more than the average teenager. We have more problems that anyone else. My sister is bullied. Faith is bullied so much she can't be in a classroom with anyone. She can't eat lunch. She has to wait for everyone to leave the school and then she can leave. I struggle and have to stay after school for an extra 3 hours. Praying in my test scores I wouldn't need to take anymore classes. Just the normal ones.

I go into my closet and look for clothes. I decided to wear my converse, some ripped jeans, and a cute Abercombie shirt. For my hair I do a long braid. My fingers and arms get exhausted braiding almost 3 feet of hair.

I hear the bathroom door unlock. I walk to the door and twist the knob. I walk in to see blood on the counter.

"Faith!" I yell.

I rush into her room. I hope she is not cutting herself again. I see her sitting on her bed. I grab both of her arms. Nothing. I look at her face. Her nose is bleeding.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Ya, I think so" she replies.

"Your going to be fine" I say. She hugs me.

"Love you" I say as I leave the room.

"Love you too" she says quietly.

The rest of the morning was normal, I made breakfast, and my sister drove me to school.

As we arrived yellow cop tape was around the whole school. What is going on? Ambulances are here bringing in supplies and cops as well.

"What the..." I say but my sister stops me.

"Look!" She points.

A cop walked by dropped a bag out of the supplies box. Faith quickly goes to get the bag. We hide behind a tree. I pull the strings. The bag slowly opens. Faith reaches in. She pulls out a gun. My eyes widen. Why the hell would they need this?

"Attention everyone" our principal, Miss. Ash screams through a microphone.

"This year we will not be taking normal core classes!" She says.

Everyone is confused.

"No homework!" She says.

Everyone screams I joy.

"You are going to be tested on your abilities, if you do not pass the government will kill you." She smiles.

"What kind of sick joke is this" Faith yells.

"Calm down." I budge.

"Excuse me" Miss.Ash says. "You will stay here for the year."

We are then separated for our grade. This is the worst. We had to sit in a class for the whole day. That night I was taken to my room.
I start to cry. As I open it I see a girl with a pixie cut on one of the beds.

"Faith!" I shut the door and hug her.

"Autumn." She says in relief.

"W-were screwed" I say.

"Don't talk like that, if one of us make it its you." Faith says.

I cry even harder.

"What if we don't take the test" I say.

"What? We have to!" Faith is getting upset. She wants to cry, she won't break In front of me.

"There!" I point at a window "well escape, tonight"

"We are 50 ft up, we will get injured." Faith explains.

"It's worth a shot" I suggest "better than being shot in the head!"

She stands still. "Fine." She the falls into my plane.

"We leave at 12:00 AM."