F O U R T E E N

We are all prepared.

"Grab the guns!" I order. Faith grabs the biggest gun.

We all barge out of the room. We run to Miss Ashes office. Then a guard comes out of the corner. "Guys the training gym is the other way." He says pointing to the gym. Ryan shoots him in the head. "Ryan!" Jared yells "what the hell!" We start to run the other way. More guards appear with guns. They shoot but we shoot first. The two are dead. Leah and Faith go down a hall while Ryan and Jared go with me. Jared shoots a guard. His blood sprays into my ankle.

My breathing then begins to become heavy. Ryan is smuggled by a guard. Then Jared is too. Then a gun goes off. Not mine. Not Ryan's. Not Jared's. Not a guards. I jump down to the ground to stay covered. I see footsteps appear in front of my face. I look up. "Becca" I yell. "We have to keep moving if you want to live." She says. We follow her down the empty halls.

Becca found Faith and Leah. We are all safe.

• • •

One after another we crawl into Miss Ash private room. "Ready." I whisper down the line. The rest nod. We stand up in front of her desk. Guns armed. She looks up. "Autum?" She says. "And Ryan,Leah, Jared, oh and of course Faith!"

"This isn't right!" Leah aggressively says."Well as surprised I am about the visit I'm also quite puzzled." She says. Miss Ash always pretends like she doesn't know what is going on,but we are one step ahead of her.

"You can't do this to the population! Families were destroyed. Now this time we are going to destroy what destroys us!" Faith rebelled against Miss Ash. We all look straight in her hazel eyes. "Ugh!" Miss Ash disgustingly says. "I don't have time for this bullshit!" She snaps at us. Ten guards come in the room. "You have ten seconds to drop your weapons!" They all say. Leah goes first, then me, then Jared, then Ryan. Faith doesn't. "Faith put it down!" I order. She waits a second then drops the gun. The guards hand cuff everyone except for me. They all leave the room.

"We're are you taking them?" I ask. "Don't worry about them, I would worry about you." The guard says. His voice sounds soothing. It's weird since he is about to kill me. He then hand cuffs me.

I arrive into a dark cold room. One bed lays there. He then locks me up in a cell and leaves. I fall to the ground crying.

I think to myself. This is it. This is the end.

I watch my tears dry on to the floor. Faith rings inside my head. How she was strong, how she made me strong. I have to stay strong. I think of what is just done. Then I think of something horrible. The horrible part was it was the right thing.

This society destroyed all adventure, the only adventure left is to destroy that society.