4. The Next Chapter

It's good we have 3 laptops, none of us want to even look away.  The website has so much information.  We talk randomly about different information we find.

"There are 4 quarters per year.  4 to 7 classes per quarter."  I read it directly off the website.

"I guess it depends on how hard the classes are to how many we get a quarter."  Clark scratches his head.

I decide to read some more "The quarters are 10 weeks and 3 days each and then a 2 week break. This of course varies a few days from year to year depending on the calendar." 

Victor is in the fridge looking for something "So It runs year round. No long break in the summer.  That kinda sucks.  Summer vacation was always the best part of school and fuck man, you picked a hell of a day to not have beer."

"The kids were here this week.  They didn't need to be around that." 

"Did you see the pics of the dorm room?  It looks like an apartment instead of a dorm." Clark points at something on his screen.

"Where you see that at?" I'm looking all over my screen trying to find it.

"Click the dorm button then scroll down to images."

"Oh wow, full kitchen with a dishwasher."

Clark starts to laugh, "Do you see what we're given upon starting? Each person will receive: 1 each, cup, plate, bowl, spoon, fork, knife, towel, washcloth, fitted sheet, blanket, pillow, pillow case, full size bed, dresser." and he goes on, "The dorm will receive 1 each: refrigerator, stove with stove top, dishwasher, dish towel."

"They are kind of skimpy on the dishes."

"Right, don't break your cup, you'll never have coffee again." Clark laughs out.  Then just goes right into reading some more.  "Then it goes right into a packing list.  Please contact V Movers at it gives their phone number.  To schedule your items to be moved here.  Please do this at least 3 days prior to your departure date.  Feel free to bring whatever makes your dorm feel more like home.  You will remain in the same dorm for all the years you study with us.  If you chose to bring your own bedroom set/large kitchen appliances, the school issued items will be removed."

"Well that's cool.  I can have all this furniture sent and we will have places to sit."

"And a tv to watch."  Victor adds.

"And extra cups."  Clark says laughing and just keeps reading, "If you need to void an apartment lease, contact V Movers at least 3 days prior to your departure date. They will remove you from the lease legally."

"That's convenient, you may need that."  Victor looks at me.

"Dress code is: Student casual.  Whatever the hell that means... guess I'll just ship all my clothes over."  Clark seems to be reading any information he can find.

"Seems like we should just ship everything over... I mean we'll be there..." I click some buttons. "How long will we attend that school? I don't see how long it is?"

"Me either."  Clark answers.

"Well it's at least more than a year.  I'm going to have all my stuff sent over.  I really don't know how I would live without my keurig or my bed. Either of you want to use the spare room bed?  It's a king size."  I glance over the screen at them.

"I love my bed. I don't want to switch." Clark shakes his head.

"I'll use it." Victor chimes in to claim it.

"Oh this is interesting, we'll be given money every month to spend at the shops on campus.  They have food vendors, hygiene, and clothes shops.  But please note that the campus cafeteria will serve 3 meals and 8 ounces of blood per day to all students free of charge."  Clark is still reading and absorbing any knowledge he can from the website.  He really would be good to have in a study group.  I made a mental note to make sure we're in the same study group.  "Did you guys see the fine print on the bottom of this page.  V Movers express ships all items directly to us and they will arrive within 48 hours.  If you use another moving or shipping company, the wait times vary up to 3 months.  This also includes all purchases made online.  That's a hell of a shipping time frame.  Where is this school at?"