Ch. 21 All About The Haines'

DUDE!!!!! TWO MORE CHAPTERS!!!!! WELL TECHNICALLY ONE MORE SINCE THE LAST ONE IS THE EPILOGUE.

SAM'S AND DYLAN'S POINT OF VIEWS.

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SAM'S POV

I decided to pay a visit to my grandmother. I had asked Greg if he wanted to come but he said he needed to finish writing a paper before the deadline tonight. Facing my grandmother alone was going to be interesting. My parents were always with me when we visited her but ever since my mom passed away, my dad didn't want anything to do with my mom's family. My grandmother wasn't very happy that my mom married my dad at a young age.

I stared up at the mansion that has been in the family for years. Sometime ago, I thought Dylan would inherit it. That was before the whole thing with Ben happened. I didn't want the it because I planned on living in Europe after I was done with college. She wasn't too happy when I told her that.

I walked up to the massive door and rang the doorbell. She probably wouldn't want to see me unless I changed my mind about the mansion. The last time I talked to her was three years ago, a few days after Dylan and his mom disappeared. I gave up on trying to convince her that Dylan was still part of the family. She wouldn't hear me out.

"Miss Samantha so glad to see you. It's been awhile since you've came for a visit," the butler said, as he opened the door wide to let me in. I smiled at him as I walked in.

Tony had been my grandmother's butler since my mom was a kid. He is the only one other than my mom that would call me by my full name. Since I never knew my grandfather, Tony took over the role.

"I know Tony. Is my grandmother here?" I said, looking around. She pops up out of nowhere sometimes.

"Yes she is. I'll go get her for you. What do I tell her?" he said, walking towards a hallway. I wonder if she would come see me if I tell him the truth.

"Tell her that it's about uncle Ben and Dylan."

He nodded and went to go get her. News about Ben's arrest made news but my grandmother didn't watch tv or read the newspaper. She doesn't know anything that's been going on outside and she liked it like that.

I walked out of the foyer and into the living room. I went straight for the fireplace to look at pictures of my mom when she was a kid. In every picture there was a happy little girl, who had no idea how her life would turn out. She died when I turned fifteen. Cancer was just too hard to fight.

"Sam? Why are you here exactly?"

I turned around to face my grandmother. She still looked the same, just older. She loved my mom but she loved uncle Ben more so I don't know how she would take the news of him getting caught by the police. I couldn't beat around the bush though.

"Well, uncle Ben came for a visit."

"Did he now? Where is he?"

"After he tried to kill my friends, he was arrested by the police and this time around he couldn't get out of it."

"It's about damn time! He's a disgrace and I'm embarrassed to be his mother, which is why I told him that he was no longer my son when he called me out of the blue."

I looked at her with wide eyes. She disowned him? I guess she was listening to me after all.

DYLAN'S POV

I shook my hand. It hurt like hell after I punched Ben. I watched him get up from the floor while holding his bloody nose. The force of the punch caused him to fall over in his chair. He just couldn't keep his mouth shut.