Chapter 6

Adrien

He stared at her hard, racking his brain for an explanation. She was lying. She had a tell. He noticed it after a few days. Every time she told a lie, the right side of her mouth would twitch. It was slight, barely noticeable but he saw it. He figured she was lying about the flu part too. The flu only lasted a week, two at most. This had been going on longer. She seemed uncomfortable, he would watch her go completely pale for a moment, and would watch the color slowly return to her face. Something was definitely wrong with her. Maybe she had something else? Maybe a disease or infection. What would make her sick like that?

"Did you guys see Ladybug today? She looked different." Alya stated over her cup of coffee, looking down at her phone.

All eyes turned to her, distracting Adrien for a moment.

"What do you mean?" Nino asked, and she turned her phone to face him.

It was a normal picture. He couldn't see any difference.

"I don't get it?" Adrien asked, taking the phone to look at the photo more closely.

No, she definitely looked the same.

"Well for one, the poor girl looks exhausted. She's gained weight though."

He glanced over at Alya, baffled. Ladybug looked normal to him.

"Are you calling Ladybug fat?"

Marinette laughed, and he wanted to throw the phone. His lady wasn't fat.

"Absolutely not. Look at this."

She grabbed Nino's phone, pulling up another photo. She held the two phones side by side, and he could suddenly see the difference. She had gained some weight.

"So? Maybe she's trying to build up some muscle."

"On her belly?" Alya retorted, and Marinette huffed in response.

He really didn't like this topic. Alya had never badmouthed Ladybug, but this was damn near close.

"What if she's pregnant?"

His stomach dropped to the floor, and Marinette spit her drink out all over the table. He stared at the pictures again, his heart pounding. She couldn't be pregnant. She would have told him. She would have told Chat. Or Adrien. She would have told someone.

"Alya," Marinette wheezed, wiping her mouth. "You of all people should know that when a girl is on her period she gets bloated."

Nino gagged, and Adrien rolled his eyes. It wasn't like she had gone into specifics.

"How do you know she's on her period?" Alya snapped, and he looked up at Marinette.

She was furiously wiping up the table, shaking her head.

"We're friends. I talk to her every once in a while."

So she was friends with Ladybug. Which meant Ladybug probably told her about the night they slept together. How hypocritical. She was allowed to tell people but he wasn't?

"Since when?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes! You never told me!"

Alya almost shouted, and a waiter shot them a warning look.

"Keep your voices down before they kick us out." Nino hissed, yanking his phone away from Adrien.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me." Alya whispered, and Marinette dropped the napkins down on the table.

"Oh like you don't keep secrets?"