Chapter 5

Days following the ball, Seonghwa would receive gifts small things like a new note pad or a pen, or even a small decorative clip in return to the sender he would send flowers, ranging from real flowers in simple bouquets to flower hair pins and old fashion hair pins that were from Korea.

It had all started subtler than normal, with Seonghwa being the first to give gift it was the day after ball awaking at his usual time he found himself in the same position as the night before just with Hongjoong a tab bit closer than he was last night. Instead of waking the tired royal for breakfast he went to the dinner hall where he collected it, both his and his highnesses, and took it back from the corner of his eyes he could see the blonde guard that always followed Hongjoong following him but he didn't let it bother him.

And by the time Hongjoong had awoken there was breakfast in bed for him. A simple gesture that left him blushing beneath Seonghwa's covers. He had left soon after the breakfast duty called for him and the trusty guard was right there when he left.
Seonghwa was starting to think he was disliked by the tall guard but who was he to dwell on it, if he was disliked then he was disliked if the guard wanted to change his mind he can do that on his own.

Back to the present he was currently finishing a document sent to him by Mingi, when a hard knock was heard on his door getting off the bed with a huff he walked over to see not Hongjoong or any familiar faces but instead one he was yet to be introduced too.

The tall blonde guard eyes him up and down, his character pyjamas seemed not as eyes pleasing as he thought, before giving him a white gift bag then walking more like stalking off with a grunt mumbling some words that Seonghwa was glad he couldn't make out.

Closing back the door he looked at the box inside the gift bag, walking back to the bed he emptied its contents hands holding the delicate white box with caution before opening it inside lay two things a piece of paper and a necklace a silver necklace with the constellation of Aries. Seonghwa smiled at the necklace before looking at the paper a string of numbers as well as Hongjoong's little doodling, the words 'my number' scribbled on the top in Korean, a bit ugly but 'A' for effort.

Inputting the number Seonghwa sent a quick note of thank you to the King for his thoughtful gift, because not long after Seonghwa was already scrolling through a jewellery website to get a matching set for Hongjoong this with constellation of Scorpio. After his finger clicked buy he received a reply, a picture Hongjoong showing him wearing one of the many hair pins he was gifted, this one was velvet rose pin with little bloody rubies stuck on to the tips of the petals.

Seonghwa had no problem spending money if it meant he got to see Hongjoong wear what he was buying, besides he had money to spend anyway, a bit posh of him he knows.

Sending some emoji's as a reply, as he always did, he turned off his phone and got changed into something simple and warm.

'Maybe today I could surprise Hongjoong in a way', he thought

Pulling back out his phone he sent a quick text asking if the royal was free tonight a few feet of walking he got a reply a curt yes followed by a why.

Seonghwa replied with, 'do you want to go back to the auditorium?' Which was replied instantly with 'yes, can you meet me there at 10?' To which Seonghwa replied 'yes', though he did want to ask first it seemed he would have to be quicker next time.

During the course of the day Seonghwa found himself in an odd position, he was walking the streets of the capital as well as walking away and hiding from the 6ft guard following him around he had no knowledge of Hongjoong asking said male to follow and frankly he wasn't pleased with it, he did debate on whether he should tell Hongjoong which he did in a quick text asking why his royal guard was following him, he was left on seen.