Chapter 9

Floaty Seonghwa felt floaty, everything was as if he was surrounded by the world fluffiest material being hugged from every corner. He curled further letting his tense body relax under the waves of soft heat.

He can't lie when he says he loves watching the other sleep, creepy, kinda but he looked so much at peace. Hongjoong finger's carded through the soft mocha hair Seonghwa had refused to let him comb it before bed now awake he let his fingers comb the hair till it was somewhat rid of the knots. He had been awake for some time now, he regular sleeping schedule had been mixed up when the doctors gave him his sedative and now as he was getting back into the grove of his former routine with just the sweetest addition of seeing Seonghwa still fast asleep, which was new since he previously heard from Wooyoung during their tea time that Seonghwa was a person of strict routine before his vacation. He was glad, at least Seonghwa was getting his rest.

With the snow settling down from the previous days, the city was filled with commotion much to the royal house's displeasure, sure it was always good to inform the people of his health and well-being but at times he just wished he didn't have to worry anyone. But it was good to know that his people cared.

Zoning back into his body he looked down back to the sleeping Seonghwa who whimpered at a cold draft that hit his exposed shoulder, pulling back up the blanket he tucked Seonghwa in before slowly getting out of bed. Following the days of his recovery Seonghwa was diligent in is job tending to him hand and foot for any of the minimal things he needed, the many gifts he had opened on top his bed had also lifted his mood, many of them consisted of clothes and books and some small pieces of jewellery from his cousins who had quite varying differences in taste.

But for Hongjoong though all his gifts were received with love, for him he the best gift as corny as he may sound, it was seeing Seonghwa open the gift Hongjoong had gotten him days before. In all honesty he had the hardest of time getting a gift for the man he had not a clue what he could get Seonghwa that he couldn't possibly get himself. He had settled with asking his brother-in-law for help.

And had he the tale to tell from that.

It was the Wednesday before the Christmas ball and with so many types of planning to be done he had no idea what quadrant within his mind wasn't bombarded enough to know what to buy the vacationing CEO.

So during his time with Wooyoung within the ballroom he asked for his help.

He had walked up to the unbothered male his hand working to tick of all the boxes on his clipboard.

"Hello Wooyoung!"

Looking up Wooyoung looked at his in-law a big smile growing as he lowered his clipboard the unbothered look now more pleasant.

"Hi Joong, need help?

He fumbled with his hand his cozy white sweater giving enough coverage to where he could pull it over his hands.

"Actually Yes, I do, perhaps we can talk whenever you're free?"

"Well I'm free right now, your mother is checking on something so I'm pretty free do you want to go somewhere else?"

The king nodded and Wooyoung lead them into the less crowed hall outside the ballroom.

"So what's up?"

He wouldn't lie, Wooyoung was one of the friendliest person he has ever meet and he has meet a lot of people in his time working as the king. Back then when Yeosang came back from his trip he had wondered what his baby brother had done to have put him such a good mode. He could remember vividly the reason he left.

Yeosang had just finished his college life with a masters in advance psychology, and with his nerves still fried from the final exams their mother had thought of a fun way in which he could relax and let lose before joining the company as a consultant before being promoted further. So within a week he was shipped off with three suitcases and sunscreen to a Caribbean island never to be seen or heard from until two and half months later he returns full of life and slightly golden. On further prying he had found out his little brother had found the quote 'Eternal sunshine of his life'.