CHAPTER FOURTEEN

O14

O14. IGGY GOES DOWN PT.I!
nighty night... sport ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Iggy woke up with body aches like never before. Who knew reacquainting herself with an old flame could do that to her. She wasn't used to fighting back to back, with very little rest period. Nor was she used to firelights blowing up on her. Her skin was mending fairly quickly, as per, but it was still sensitive to the touch. The extensive movement from only a few hours ago didn't help her case either—along with all of her other sore extremities.

      Showering was the first thing on her mind. So she peeled from under Violet's heavy body to get clean. The brawler only readjusted to her absence, remaining completely asleep. Iggy snickered at how some things just didn't change with her. Standing bare, with her eyes blinking at the sleeping beauty in her bed.

      She allowed the heavy stream to beat on her head, as she cleaned the dirt and sweat from her body. Most of her bruises had healed, leaving deep orange coloring on her skin. With the exception of the colored smooches along her skin—those were going to take a few more hours. While her mind was stuck on last night's activity, she couldn't help but anticipate their night. Nothing was set in stone yet, but the thought of the two of them taking on a man like Silco... Alone. It was a bit nerve-wracking. Iggy's feelings for Vi had obviously intensified, and now they were known. She cared about Violet more than she cared about herself.

Ignatia has always been overly thoughtful—her mind never slept. Which was part of why she does the things she does. She can't help but act off of her emotions because she feels them so greatly. Especially, after past few days.

Ugh, I've gone soft.

She ran the water over her hair one last time before shutting off the rough stream of water. Pushing the curtain to the side, she wrapped a towel around her dripping body. Her tatted hand wiped the steam from the mirror, glaring at herself with deepened eyebrows. Her skin was free of smudged makeup—completely bare. The dark bags under eyes being more prominent than ever. A fatigued sigh fell from her lips, bracing herself on the porcelain sink under the reflective glass. With no warning, wet tears began sliding down her cheeks. Her shoulders trembling with every heave and hiccup. Iggy couldn't put a firm reason on why she was standing in a hot foggy bathroom, sobbing as silently as she could. When has she ever been able to?