one

one

You asked for this. Pamela :---)

======================

Henrietta

As I reacher my destination, I pulled my bags and stuffs from my car. Removed my sunglasses to see the place clearly. The place, it's still the same. The same hacienda where I used to play way back when I was still a toddler. Except from the white roses scattered all over the place, and a dark aura surrounding the house. 

I decided to get inside. I was greeted by cold breeze because of the aircon but ignored it. Nilagay ko ang mga maleta ko on the side, also my sunglasses and took a seat. I'll gladly have some rest because of my 15 hours flight from California to Manila, and a 5 hours drive because of that fucking traffic that made me pissed.

Trired, so I closed my eyes. Feeling the place, I'm so tired. My body is leaving me, and I need a rest. "How's your flight?" I heard a man speak next to me, and by the sound of the voice, I already knew it was Marco. So I opened my eyes, and regretted it after because merely his existence are pissing me off. "I'm fine, as you can see I'm still alive," I said. "And now you can leave me now Marco, I need a rest and I'm still grieving." I calmly said, not wanting to have an arguement.

He's Marco Gren, my older brother. He's 20 and I'm 18. Mas matanda siya, yes. But I don't give a shit. I don't call him kuya. It feels so awkward. "I'm just asking, and by the way. About your study," holy shit. Not this topic, hindi ko gusto ang tumatakbo sa isip ng lalaking 'to. "You'll continue here, sa school natin, hindi ka na pwedeng umalis ng bansa, masyadong delikado." That's it. I knew he was going to say that. What about my mates? They are all in California, and I can't just leave them and drop!

"You cant-" I was cut off when he stood up, making me face his back.

"That's final. Besides, uuwi si Lucienne para sayo," he started walking, "Get up. Any time the funeral will start." He said leaving me dumbfounded. He won. And that's the power of being the older one.  Marco Gren, why do you always make me feel hopeless?

Tumayo na ako, as Marco's demand. Kaylangan ko ng mag ayos ng gamit. Mag sisimula na ang paglalakad, at hindi pa ako naka itim. So I went to my old room to catch some dress and shirts for the funeral. When my phone rang.

Tinignan ko nag caller ID, it's Lucienne. 

"Hey," bati ko sakanya, while finding something to wear on my closets,

"Hello Henrietta? I'm on my way there, bukas pa ang lapag ko sa Pilipinas, and I really want to say sorry. I can't attend to your mom's funeral. I'm very sorry. Kakaboard ko palang ng flight, I'm sorry." she said. And I rolled my eyes, as if she can see me. 

"It's alright, okay lang. Don't be sorry." I said, and muttered a 'gotcha' when I saw a dress that will surely fit on me.

"I'm sorry. I'll catch you tomorrow. And that's our first day on school. I'll hang na, Bye." She didn't even let me speak. Damn woman. But what? Ano? Bukas na? Are they fucking kidding me, ni hindi pa ako nakaka tulog at nakakapag pahinga. This shitty jet lag is killing me inside.

No choice, kaya nag bihis na ako, at nag sunglass, hiding my eyes that is too puffy for the public to see. And a cap that wil protect me from the heat. Matapos, tinignan ko ang sarili ko, perfect. Then I heard a knock, followed by my name. Tinatawag na ako ni Marco, masyado siyang na mamadali, kaya lumabas na ako. He's wearing an all black outfit and a shades. Woah, a very good in taste. No wonder kung saan nag mana.

"Stop drooling, i'm your brother. Let's go." Or not.. Bumaba na kami sa first floor dahil second floor ang kwarto ko. Masyadong maraming tao ang nakapaligid samin, lens of the media's camera are shooting us, na kulang nalang eh izoom sa muka namin ang mga camera nila. Marco held my hand para mas makalabas na kami.

Then, there I saw a black shining coffin covered with white and black roses all over it. A coffin, my mom's coffin. I tried to hold back my tears as long as I can, because of the media. And I don't want them to see my, and our weaknesses. Marco pat my back, "Don't cry, matatapos din 'to." He said. His deep voice soothing and calming me. After all, he's my brother.

Yes, my mom died. 3 days ago, hinintay lang nila ako makauwi para ilibing dahil ayaw na nilang patagalin. I heard from Marco that my mom was assassinated by our allied company. My mom was tortured. And I can't stand it. I'm so mad. I tried to ask Marco kung kaninong punyetang Mafia dared to touch my family pero he didn't say a word.

"Sa ngalan ng Ama,.." the mass started. At lumingon ako kay Marco, "Kamusta ang Locusts?" I asked him silently trying my best not to bother anyone sa katabing upuan namin. Tinignan niya naman ako, and I can't read his expression dahil narin naka shades siya. "Okay lang. Merong malaking butas, pero you don't need to worry about it." 

Ito ang ayaw ko kay Marco, he's treating me as a toddler, that obviously I'm not. I'm 18 and legal. Isang taon nalang at college na ako. I don't get his logic. He's keeping all the problems all by his self.

Well, ang Locusts ay Clan ng mga Gren. More like a mafia, pero I prefer a Clan. Locusts are surrounded by armed people trying to protect the royalties and estates of the Gren family including all our businesses. Laban sa ano? Sa iba pang clan and mafia, because sa mundo ng mayayaman, or high class kasama dito ang illegal. Illegal things and stuffs, kaya makakabangga mo talaga ang iba't ibang Family, Clan or worse Mafia's.

The mass ended peacfully at nailagak narin si Mom, bumalik na kami sa hacienda with Marco drove.

"Sleep, you need rest. Maaga ka pa bukas," hinatid ako ni Marco sa kwarto ko and he closed the door and shut the lights. Next thing I knew, nakatulog na ako.